Friday, October 19, 2012

A moment of calm

It sat upon my shoulder; then cast a tune on my mind,
In and out of conscious thought it wondered,
impinging on my starting day.
Go slow my man, go slow. When life is rushed go slow.
I ambled to the station following this notion.
Accepting, seeing and viewing all around me
in a somewhat different sight. Of leisurely pace.
Of contemplation from the fall of disgrace.

A disgrace which most normal commuters hold.
As they moved from, home to train, always their minds in occupation.
Go slow and stop this deliberate demand of senses.
Take a moment to yourself. Take this time now.
Between one footstep and the next, then listen, quietly listen.
The sound will come through, from some unknown place..
Go slow, don't follow the sheep make this moment yours.
It is no disgrace to give yourself, your own time and space.

How the world is different when there is less speed in pace.
When a moment of contemplation or wonder is given weight.
Go slow, no forcing or fasting or fleeting, just a purposeful conscious,
mind releasing.  As though this time now is all there is to have.
Listening to breath and heart, seeing the breeze as it gently plays on
all things with or without heart. Take this moment and calm, go slow.
Before soon it will all be gone, but only in this now all else has no matter.
As it sits upon my shoulder and says this I now know it is true.


No comments: