Thursday, October 18, 2012

Do men go through the change of life?

I woke up several times during the night.  At first I could not sleep because I felt chilled, then it didn't matter what position I got into or how I arranged the covers I still felt cold.  So I couldn't sleep.  There was probably some fitful sleeps but then I awoke again and lay there just saying to myself I had to sleep otherwise it would be difficult to get through the day.  I resigned myself to getting up late because I would need every single extra minute I could get.  In the morning I had somehow moved from being chilled to being too hot.  Sparkling tells me how she is going through the change of life, how she has flushes, hot and cold all the time.  I think I'm having them now as well, but I don't want Sparkling to think it is another illness or condition I have caught from her.  This is male oriented, not female.  I'm a man.  All of me.  Well I was the last time I looked.

Yet I can only think it is hormone related.  I'm getting emotional more often and have a problem controlling it.  When at the Fish Factory I had a thought of Rock Chick being pregnant and how I would be an honorary grandfather.  I had a cold cup of tea in my hand and was walking to the kitchen area.  I had to psychologically grab hold of myself in an instance to stop welling up and getting soppy over the whole thing.  Surely it can only be hormones which do this.  Women make a big thing of it, men don't.  Women have menopause, but a man can't have womanopause.  It doesn't exist.  My hair is thinning out and dropping out every time I wash it.  I look at myself in the mirror in the morning and wonder what I will look like when I go bald. If it is a hormone imbalance then it could explain my moobs (man boobs).  The only good thing would be not having to shave so much.  But hell I'm supposed to be a man not a bloody woman.  What is happening?  A man can not change into a woman, I bloody well hope not.  Well, except for those Philippino men who want to be women, transvestite pre ops.  All because I have problems sleeping.  What I would do for a good eight hour sleep.  I've made a mental note to try and exercise more, but it's not happening.

I might not of got much sleep but when I did eventually wake up this morning it was from the lost dream.  I was in another country on holiday, took a boat trip then a bus ride and then couldn't find my way back to the hotel.  It bought on a lost feeling.  Maybe it's the loss of my male side, it's gone somewhere and I have to find it again.  Am feeling really tired now so will hit the hay, I just  hope I don't wake up with blond hair and a pair of stilettos on in the morning.  Blond just doesn't suit my complexion.

No comments: