Saturday, October 27, 2012

An insomniacal posting

Well it's been one of those nights so far.  The kind where it is difficult to sleep.  I went to bed just after 12 o'clock and after a while thought it was about six a.m. and time to get up.  My feet were cold, for some reason they would not warm up, and I haven't had a wink of sleep.  I check my clock and it was half past two.  No where as late as my mind had led me to believe.  So just after three a.m. I've now had enough of laying still in bed and doing my best to will myself to sleep because it plain is not working.  I have either a weak will, or am going psychotic.  I get up, go downstairs and make a cup of tea.  I need something to do.  The alternative is to get dressed and go out for a walk at three a.m.!! I wonder what the likelihood is of getting picked up by the police as suspiciously doing nothing.  Were I a copper doing a late night shift I'd certainly pick myself up for questioning. Maybe I'd get some sleep in a police cell, because my bed bloody well isn't working.  Drinking the tea I know this will not work either.  A three a.m. shot of caffeine probably isn't the answer either.  It's not like I have one thing on my mind and I can blame this one thing.  It's just because I'm awake.  I could of had lime juice squeezed in my eyes and wouldn't of been any more awake than I am now.  This head just isn't dropping off to sleep.  It lays there and nothing happens.

I'm supposed to be doing overtime in the morning.  Getting up and going to the Fish Factory.  If there is anything which is on my mind it would be work.  How it is all piled up and how the pile just gets higher.  I've been neglecting my tray lately thinking other stuff is more important.  There is never enough time.  Only if I could stop time and then do the work and then restart time would the work get done.  I have now become a workplace donkey.  Carrying the load and not getting anywhere fast.   It's one of those things I have to accept and just wait for the big pile of crap which is due to hit the fan soon, to actually hit the fan and scatter itself all over me, head to toe.  I can imagine it splattered across my face as well.  It's not a nice feeling. It don't matter how hard I work I can't keep up with it.  Hell, thinking about it now makes me tired.  My eyes are actually starting to feel heavy.

Time to hit the hay again.  Round two, lets see if I can get into double figure blinks.

No comments: