Thursday, May 16, 2013

Babyfro still has not arrived, but Harvey has

Babyfro was due yesterday, she is taking her time. I can tell, she will be the kind of girl who will always turn up late, to be anywhere on time she has to be tricked into the appointment being earlier than what it is. This is the nature of Dangerous Sports Lad.  It is likely to be in the genes of both Rock Chick and Dangerous.  Each likes to take a long lay in bed, I expect though Babyfro will have something to say about this over the next few months. She'll probably say it with a loud scream of her lungs, a few tears and her parents will respond with bleary eyes, well one of them will. As they to wake up to Babyfro and attend her needs. After which she will happily drop off to sleep again. But for now, she'd rather not be born, and so it is Rock and Dangerous get another lay in bed another night's rest. Except of course they are both waiting for the moment. Dangerous has gone off his food, he's feeling the tension, when normally he is so relaxed. Never mind Daddy Dangerous, it will be OK.

Today Harvey turned up. This is a day earlier than expected. He was off being repaired and the repair took three weeks to do. He was longer in repair time than he had been in my hands after I bought him.  He feels different, I don't know how to explain it, but he does. He sounds louder as well, there doesn't seem to be a buzz, if there is, then it is a lot quieter than it used to be. I thought the distributor might of dropped in a free packet of strings just for the inconvenience of having waited so long. But they didn't. Then again he has cost them three trips by Fed-Ex, which I'm sure was expensive. They probably made a loss from the delivery charges. Shame, not.  Maybe next time they will test their instruments before they sending them off.  The name of this company, will not be revealed, they'll get no publicity from me, be it good or bad.  Funny, even though Harvey feels in some way different it has been good having a short strum on him. It's like I can now concentrate on doing the real thing later on. A little time will be marked to one side, just me and Harvey, you-tube and a few teach-yourself-videos. He'll be singing along nicely. I hope so, fingers crossed. But I know I'll not buy from that shop again.

Mind I could book my ticket up to Scotland and see Sparkling right now. On the proviso Babyfro will turn up at any moment. I could help her into the world, maybe sit and play a few tunes. Except for the fact Rock did intimate the Uke was going to be broken, over my head. Funny how emotional a pregnant woman can get, and especially how unappreciative of ukulele music. She literally needs to take the weight off her feet. I think she tried a curry the other night to help babyfro along. Now, this time next year Fro will be crawling about and probably enjoying the sound of a little tune on a ukulele. Harvey, there's someone I'd like you to meet, very soon.


No comments: