Saturday, May 18, 2013

What are Rock Chick and Babyfro doing to the men in their life?

At 1:36 a.m. this morning I was woken up. There was a vibration and my mobile was under the pillow. I reached for it and through eyes which had to be forced open was just able to focus on the screen. There was no message. No text telling me Rock Chick had gone into labour. I had woken myself up and the vibration could of only been from my own snoring. Which sadly to say means I must actually snore because it has been Sparkling Chick who has told me and I never believed her. She has a tendency to tell me the odd thing which I do believe only to find out she has pulled my leg. So I don't want to believe I snore, I'd rather of found a text message to say the stalk had landed. It clearly hasn't landed and is to preoccupied doing circles on thermal currents in the sky. Babyfro is taking her merry time and I'm just getting all flustered, emotional and on edge.  To be awoken by my own snoring is humiliating, but it could be worse.

A conversation was relayed to me from Sparkling Eyes. She told me about an incident a couple of days ago, involving Rock Chick and Dangerous. Rock has been eating all kinds of food in the hope they will have some kind of effect, even chillies. Her appetite has been ravenous lately. There was Rock sitting on a chair and all big and rounded, when she puts her hand on her belly and goes "ouch that was painful."  Dangerous who is on hyper-vigilant at this time looked at her. He could see the pain in Rock's face, his eyes opened up expectantly, heart palpitated, was this it, the big moment? It dawned on him. Rock says there's another pain again, Dangerous looks at her in anticipation.  He gets a little panicky and then can't help himself he says "is she coming?" and bursts into tears.  Well Babyfro wasn't coming, it was a false alarm, Rock had a twinge of indigestion from the food and nothing more. Dangerous the poor lad had lost it, he thought the moment had come and he was then expected to do his bit. The tension has gotten too much for him. This having a baby lark is actually doing some pretty weird things to the men in Rock's and Babyfro's life.  It seems we are having hormonal fluctuations in sympathy with Rock. It's also like we are taught elastics waiting to spring back, we're constantly monitoring the situation, constantly wondering when will it happen? In short we are starting to show the signs of physical and mental exhaustion, and we're not even having the baby.

When Babyfro pops out to say hello, there's one thing for sure, it will be a relief, my nerves are on edge.


No comments: