Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Officially having a baby

Rock Chick is now officially in labour. She went into hospital yesterday and they gave her a pessary at about 5:30 p.m., after waiting around three hours and nothing happening. Well,we do know Babyfro is a stubborn minded baby and only does things when she thinks it's time. Last night I hadn't heard a thing from Sparkling Eyes so I texted her about 7:30 p.m. and there was no reply. Apparently it is a poor reception area for mobile phones where the hospital is. Then about 10:20 p.m. I get a text and ring up Sparkling. Nothing was happening, although there seemed to be a twinge just after the pessary. For the time being there were no regular contractions. So I've been sitting most of the evening watching movies and worried out of my mind. What is happening? I don't know how Dangerous Sports Lad is putting up with the tension. If I'm on edge then both Sparkling and Dangerous are very much waiting for any morsel of news. The hospital had decided both Dangerous and Sparkling had to leave. At the time of my phone call they were to hang about at home and then go back to the hospital at midnight. At the moment I don't know what is going on, but it's probably right to assume there is no Babyfro yet.  I'd of been contacted if there was.

It is approximately 8:15 a.m. and the hours are passing by. Rock has been in labour for about 15 hours. There may have been no regular contractions but baby is well over due now so she has to come out whether she likes it or not. We're all waiting for her. I even had to write this BLOG before going off to work because I had to tell someone. I think the doctors and the hospital will not let Babyfro sleep away her entire existence in Rock's tummy. I'm sure Rock would certainly have something to say about it as well. By the time this baby see the light of day she will be about to talk, walk, run, read and write and recite the wisdom of Confucius at this rate. Providing she has reading material.

So it seem today will likely be the day of Babyfro's birth into this world. Dangerous has to endure a few more hours, so does Sparkling. Rock Chick has to hang in there and be strong. As if she has any choice not to, the reality is she's got no choice about anything at all. This baby must come and Rock is the only one who can give birth. Bloody ell, men are so lucky, men are the luckiest sex in the world. Until that is a woman scientist comes along and is able to make us carry babies.  Today at some point I will be a step grand dad. It's a big day, a very big day. It makes me feel weak at the knees when I think about it.  It makes me emotional as well. I'm rooting for you Rock. Babyfro is coming whether she likes it or not.  Lets hope it's not too long.

Come on baby, where are you?

No comments: