Friday, May 31, 2013

Washing up liquid on a car wheel

Well prior to Rock, Dangerous and Baby being picked up from hospital there was a little trip necessary to the car mechanics. The new used car Sparkling Eyes has been given requires a new strutt for the front right suspension, (driver's side). It has somehow dropped and is rubbing against the tyre.  Last week Sparkling noticed this and thought the car was burning oil. It wasn't. It was burning rubber from the wheel. When I had quizzed Sparkling about oil burning I'd asked if there was white plumes of smoke coming from the exhaust. From my limited knowledge on burning oil this is usually what happens. Somehow as usual the conversation seemed to get mixed up and confusing. I was talking about burning engine oil but Sparkling's real problem was with the strutt.  So this afternoon we've taken the car to the mechanic's workshop.

The advice given from L & B man and relayed to us was the use of washing up liquid. To squirt it on the wheel and the strutt where it leaned on the wheel. I'd gotten the bottle of liquid and was then directed on what to do by L & B man.  Sparkling got in the car and I was told also to sit in the car on the front passenger side. Being fat L & B man said my weight would help balance the car onto the other strutt. I'm not entirely sure of this logic, but it's what I was told. Further my task was to get out of the car when Sparkling stopped in on route, take the washing up liquid and squirt it on the strutt and tire. So like a lubricant it would hopefully stop the tyre from burning up too much. I did what I was told. Having to get out of the car about three times.  On two occasions there was traffic which had to pass me as I crouched down and squirted liquid. Sparkling also told me to "shut up" when I said I could smell burning. It was bad enough she had to drive it. Let along think about me a few inches from losing my life as the next car passed by and I did my job. I'm sure Sparkling was happy I was there, at least I know my place.

So being fat and having a bottle of washing up liquid has it's advantages.

No comments: