Saturday, May 11, 2013

Elasticated trousers and reluctant births

It's Saturday, so this morning I did a few hours at work and then had a notion, which I've been carrying about now for a little while, to buy some shoes. Some everyday kind of shoes which I can wear all the time casual like things. This is because all my boots have worn out soles. It seems a deliberate design fault. Make boots with moulded soles and when the wear out new ones have to be purchased. I got a few pairs just sitting about because the uppers are fine and I don't want to let them fall in the hands of the bin men. I took a bus ride to a town not so far away and looked around. There was nothing which really caught my eye. Nothing which said it was perfect, and I don't know what it is, when it comes to shoes or boots, I generally know what I like as soon as I see it, but of course have to try them on to confirm it. Which is probably one reason why buying shoes on the internet is a complete no go area. A bit like the purchase of Harvey to an extent. I'll certainly think twice about buying another ukulele from a web site and would highly recommend to anyone "don't do it." The shoe shop came up with zilch, but I did find some trousers which were perfect for the Fish Factory, and perfect for my waist. The reason for this is they have additional elasticated sections to them.  I have one pair at  home already and they are great to wear, I'm not strangling my stomach with a belt every time I put them on. The have a degree of give in case I have a big lunch, or tightness in case I lose weight. Though I expect eating more to be the biggest problem. I'm happy.  I texted Sparkling Eyes to tell her I was happy, but added in the text I wished I was slim and didn't get happy just because my trousers were elasticated. Sparkling read the text out to Rock Chick and Rock apparently could not help but cry of laugher. Well, she's a pregnant woman and knows what it's like having a big belly.  We have something in common. Except hers is temporary and mine seems to of been around a lot longer than nine months. How I love elastic.

Rock is now in the last days of her pregnancy, Babyfro is due in about four or five days, however Rock has a sneeky suspicion Babyfro is going to be late. She thinks Baby will come when she is good and ready regardless of what Rock does or what Rock wants. So Rock sits on her large bouncing ball and bounces for hours on end hoping it will help prepare baby to shoot out. Rock has also been doing a lot of walking because the effects of gravity are recognised as an important thing when giving birth. Still Baby curls up and takes it easy, walk or bounce as much as she likes little Baby, or possibly big baby will remain defiant. There is no doubt in my mind Baby will have a stubborn streak like Rock, in a few years time it will be a babble of the Wills. Will Rock get Baby to sleep, or will Baby want to stay up? This will be the question.

It has been way too many weeks since I saw Sparkling and I'm missing her somewhat bad. Being able to give her a hug is a comforting thing and I seem to be waking up hugging myself and wishing Sparkling was there.  Like Rock I to am waiting on Babyfro, when she is in this world I can book my ticket and head up to Scotland. It will be good to see everybody and the new member of the family, it however will be an experience when I'm given a nappy to change. Better take along my own peg to put on my nose, and some latex gloves. How on earth has humanity survived? I sure don't know.

No comments: