Monday, May 20, 2013

Rock Chick is in labour

I'm not entirely sure, but from what Sparkling has said, Rock Chick is nearly but not quite in labour.  Last night there were twinges, they stopped and she managed to sleep a little. They have been to the hospital and been advised she is having contractions. However, now she has to exercise or something to bring them on full throttle so to say. Sparkling said she has hardly slept at all last night. Indeed as I spoke to her on Skype she yawned, and then accused me of harassing her just because I'd eventually got set up on Skype. It's not true, I don't harass anyone. I was then told my life must be easy sitting there, and told to get a hair cut. It looked freaky. So heck. Now I wish I hadn't set Skype up because suddenly I'm in the firing line. All because Sparkling didn't get a good night's sleep. Rock is exercising, either walking or bouncing on her birth ball, she's probably speaking to Babyfro at the same time telling her she has to come out. So if she is in labour, then technically it probably began last night, then stopped and has began again. She's probably fed up with the pregnant thing and now wants to be the mummy. She'll be able to actually say, "I'm the mummy" if this is the kind of thing new mums do. My thoughts were once the baby is born then that's it. Apparently it is not "it" as Sparkling has said it's just the beginning and advised me I clearly had no experience of these things. I'll get a sow on badge and put in on my coat, something along the lines of "knows nothing about babies." I do know one thing, they usually are born unable to kick a football.

Dangerous must be stressed out with the whole thing. Sparkling tells me he is funny though, she's not sure if he can hold it together, poor kid, I know how he feels. It's only a woman at times like this who can hold it together. For him his part is being there and holding Rock's hand.  She in turn can inflict all manner of pain on him to help her through the entire giving-birth process.  Whatever she feels or says, he has to be calm and supportive, after all he can't go through the same pain as Rock. If it were possible then he would be the pregnant one. Lets not go down this road though, men can't have babies and I'm glad we can't. I do know though Rock will make demands on him and he will be up to it.

I don't know why but I too feel tired. Sparkling is tired, Rock is tired and you can bet Dangerous is tired. I'll be updated shortly but the way things are going, Babyfro will be here soon. Very soon.

No comments: