Friday, February 06, 2009

No sun today and L & B Man had his knee fixed

I am sure above the clouds there was sunshine, however I never saw it. In the fish factory I've had to have a light on to see. This is even with the blinds fully open. The building has also been hot, so hot there's no need to order anything spicy for lunch. In the meantime we are warned more snow is on the way. Hot and cold, hot and cold. What about something in the middle I say?

Yesterday L & B Man went into hospital for surgery. He had a problem with his knee. It was freezing up on him and making noises. So they decided to do key hole surgery. This meant he would have to be in over night. Seeing as there are few muscles in the knee I suppose it was reason for them to give him an epidural. Now I've heard of pregnant women get this during delivery but giving it to a man sounded a little suspect to me. Mind if you met L & B man you'd think he was suspect, on account of having difficulty understanding his accent. It's taken me years. Years. Only recently did I realise he was calling me a faggot. There's usually a lot of other expletives which go along with this. But he's a soft hearted bloke at heart. The epidural did its work and made L & B paralysed from the waste down. This had the effect of freaking him out, particularly because he wanted a cigarette and no one would push him out of the hospital so he could have a drag. Awwwe I thought. Sparkling told me this. Sparkling also said it seemed like L & B man was bored. So I thought I'd cheer him up. Maybe it was something to do with the epidural paralysing his legs, or something else.

So I tried to give him a ring. There was no answer. Having my brand new mobile phone, courtesy of Sparkling at Chrimbo I then tried to video conference him but again no luck. Perhaps he had decided to go to sleep this way he'd not think about his craving to smoke. So I sent him a text message. However, I tried to video conference again and this time although I couldn't get through I decided to leave him a message. Maybe he would get it shortly, or even in the morning when he woke up. I told him he had better be careful there wasn't any gay nurses there, because he'd be easy. But if there was it was nothing to worry about, unless he found himself bent over his bed. Then I said but he wouldn't really mind because he wouldn't feel anything anyway. I didn't bother sending my love and kisses with the video message just in case he was loved and kissed all out. However, apparently mine was the first message he received when he switched his phone on and it have him a chuckle. I'm glad it gave him a laugh because if it was anything else I'd be in trouble. He deserved it anyway.

No comments: