Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Sparkling's scared after Fred got taken

Sometimes the most part of a day can be spent sitting next to a colleague in the fish factory, and it becomes the main event. Particularly so if there is just the two of you left on the production line. It can bore me to tears. Especially the droning on and on and on. Without throwing the guy out the window, which is a few floors up there's little else can be done.

So I then wonder what other events have happened in my day. Besides speaking to Sparkling and being called a stalker. Even Rock Chick is beginning to say it. I wouldn't mind when I hadn't spoken to Rock Chick for at least a week and Sparkling a few days, well maybe one or two. Rock Chick getting in on the act is not on. But fortunately she's been busy lately cooking for Dangerous Sports boyfriend. She's found out the secret to his heart. Yes, a good chocolate cake, or anything food orientated.

Then this evening as I was stretching out the conversation with Sparkling, then got told off because I wouldn't get off the phone. I take it tongue in cheek. Because if I didn't I'd be an over sensitive hormonal man. Which I have also been accused of as well when I think about it. But I was able to coax conversation about the procedure to remove Fred. She's concerned because the surgeon had made a longer cut than she thought necessary, stretching downwards by her nose and put 5 stitches in her face. These must be removed in 5 days the man said. We both thought about Fred and said he wasn't really as big as 5 stitches worth. Maybe one or two. Or even none with a bit of glue or something. He's been sent off for testing. Needless to say Sparkling was not entirely happy with the situation and I completely sympathise. It's just something she hadn't expected. It's odd when something happens and it's unexpected because you just don't know how to react. Things take a moment to set in before you get your wits about you and are ready to punch someones lights out. In the proverbial sense.

The snow we had yesterday has now been compacted and turned into ice. Yesterday was one of those nice free days which get thrown at you maybe once every ten years. Everyone just takes them and enjoys them. Except for the ones who do make it into their workplace and make those who didn't appear like slackers. I got a name for them, I wont mention it though. In fact those people should be sent for testing, just like Fred.

No comments: