Saturday, February 28, 2009

Play your own game, shame about London

Well it has taken years and today it finally came about. I played a game of pool against Green car man and I actually won it. From these years of thrashings today I've learnt you can only play your own game. Know your limitations, stick to them and play the best to your abilities. Of course this goes for anything not just pool. I had to do my own thing and this time it worked. As Franky Sinatra says "I did it my way" yep.

I had to travel into London to get my train ticket for Scotland today. Taking a few hours to myself I checked out usually places to eat and found to my horror a significant number of Chinese restaurants have now become eat-as-much-as-you-like, for a set price. Their dishes mainly including onions. All I can think is there must be quite a few onion farms just outside of London and some lucky farmer is quids in. It is a horror story and I mean it. Good quality food has now been substituted for onions with a little black bean sauce. To my surprise the recession is in full swing, it can be seen by the type of shops around. There once used to be an excellent Virgin store not far from Shafetesbury Avenue, it had a coffee shop where you could sit by the window and watch people go back and forth. Being as Virgin shops were bought out, then changed to Zavvi and then became bankrupt, it is obviously going to be different. I looked around to eat in an Indian restaurant, but to no avail could I find on around Leicester Square. So in another lesson I am re taught "things change" and just to get on with it. I vacillated walking around and around the same shops looking for food. Ending up with a couple of Samosas from a confectionery shop. Lunch, and I'm shocked by the downhill roll the area has taken. The cinemas however still charge exorbitant prices for tickets, so it is no wonder people find other means to watch the latest movies. Sounds like someone knows how to shoot themselves in the foot.

No comments: