Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Don't treat men like that

Sparkling has been telling me about Rock Chick. For Rock Chick has now become a chip off Sparkling's block. This is concerning, especially for any unknowing man about. Sparkling likes to set traps, traps which require a little bit of bullet dodging. I have a giant "S" on my chest given to me by the original bullet proof man himself. He said to me "hey mate, I hear you have done such a good job at dodging Sparkling's bullets I'm going to make you an honorary superhero." My reply was a simple "thank you very much" to which the man in blue and red flew off. Now I hear Rock Chick other half Dangerous Sports Boy is being played with like a kitten plays with a dangling ball of wool. The soft stringy stuff just doesn't have a chance, unfortunately the very same goes for Dangerous. On a lighter note, and quite delightful note. If Rock Chick is busy playing with her toy it means she will not be giving me hassle. Oh I can hear the tune from an old classic being played this very moment, Louis Armstrong. Can you guess it? Oh what a wonderful world.

So although Rock Chick is without doubt a chip of the old block, it doesn't quite make sense. Sparkling says she is the person she is now because of the men she has had in her life. Then she went on to blame me. Which is typical, it's not like I put her together from a Lego set, or playing about in the shed one night because I had nothing better to do. I replied this is not true and did not make Sparkling what she is today. Further I can't tell Sparkling what to do, and I would never dream of telling her, my life would not be worth it. Then if I did say something she would do completely the opposite just because I said it, and it would be my fault. So in reality as a man there is absolutely no way out. I think this was why it was men who invented Teflon during space flight, if they hadn't, astronauts would still be up there in space circling round and round because they were arguing over who's turn it was to do the washing up. I know who's turn it is, whenever I am in Sparkling's vicinity and the washing up needs doing, it's my turn. So going back to what I was saying, it don't make sense Rock Chick can acquire Sparkling's knowledge of how to deal with men at such an early age. It is completely unfair. Certainly for poor Dangerous at the moment, he hasn't got a single idea of how to deal with it. I even heard how he delivered a little speech about how much he loves Rock Chick over a nice evening meal and she then burst into laughter. This is not the way to treat a poor defenceless ball of wool.

I may need to chat to Dangerous about the Eastern art of bullet dodging. But perhaps he will need to earn his own "S," it might take time a long time. For the force in this secret art needs a good teacher and I don't have the time. Then again if it keeps Rock Chick happy it's the only thing which matters. I could let him into the secret of Teflon, nahh he's got to find it out for himself.

No comments: