Saturday, September 05, 2009

An impending journey

I'll be off shortly to see the incredible Sparkling Eyes and Rock Chick in a couple of days. Sparkling has just succeeded in being interviewed for a job. She explained how the interview went, making a joke about psycho geriatrics, bursting a saliva bubble and really getting on well with the interview panel. She said they all just "clicked," it's wonderful news and I am so happy she has achieved it as this was her first interview in the last 15 years. Rock Chick has also been in work for a while, in a retail sector job and is enjoying the experience. For a growing up young lady she has shown she has what it takes to knuckle down when needed. This also makes me happy, because she is now blossoming into something wonderful, taking on responsibilities and adventures in working life. The thought of seeing both Sparkles and Rocks again makes me well up with happiness and warmth. I can barely contain myself, but I will just for the time being. It's a long trip on the train to Scotland. I believe this is because it feels like the train is not going fast enough. Although it goes upto 125 m.p.h., the truth is it just isn't fast enough. The Journey from my door to Sparkles will last about 8 hours, more or less depending on the train service. However, happiness will be walking out of the station crossing three roads and waiting a short moment outside a pub for my lift. At which Sparkles will say "hurry up, hurry up, get in the car" and hopefully drive off with me in it, rather than just one foot in the car and a foot on the road. I can't wait.

No comments: