Saturday, September 26, 2009

Vampire TV eats brains

Just watched the first 8 minutes of The Vampire Diaries season one episode one. The title says it all. What is wrong with me? Typical American teen actors who over act. Typical and predictable script, words written by adult script writers for teenagers to speak, which is always a let down when young people get adult words, because the reality is they just don't speak like adults, they have their own lingo and are incensed with the shallow nature of the world. Yes, it's shallow TV as well. No deep meaning or thought provoking events have come about. Don't forget the cardboard over acting. I know it's a made for TV production company thing, but surely they can do better? Make-up, overdone, the boys look like they have more foundation than the girls, and they probably have because of their pubescent pox marked faces, bubbling cauldrons of acne. Like a redcurrant porridge I bet. The girls are young and perfect to the point of making me want to vomit, however to make up for it they have very little brains. I'd rather have a cup of tea and biscuit than spend a minute in their company. (All because the tea lover enjoys a good Sudoku puzzle). There's obligatory special effects, which are thrown in within the first moments of watching, just to make sure if you didn't know otherwise, this is going to be a TV series about the super natural. Hey PEOPLE, THE SUPERNATURAL DOESN'T EXIST. But very gullible teenage TV watchers believe it does in any form it is presented to them. Were it to actually exist it sure don't relate to vampires. The beauty of galaxys seen through the Hubble telescope are the real supernatural. Alright I'm a little harsh on the Show at this point, because the title says it's going to be about vampires. I should of taken a clue, and any ordinary person wouldn't watch this TV unless they were expecting mind numbing tripe. I'm not ordinary, and was just hoping it would not be such tripe. Mind, I did once bump into a vampire friend and he was a very nice chappy. He'd gone off the traditional blood from humans. It was something to do with having too much fat, salt and sugar in our diets, it just kept giving him indigestion. I said I didn't believe him and he just looked me in the eyes crossed his heart and hoped to die, right there in front of me. So it has got to be true. How I wish I had just picked up another episode of 24, at least the super human Jack Bauer is partly believable, I know because like vampires he's come back from the dead as well. Maybe he should be in his own diary. Along the lines of "Jack Bauer, Vampire Diary" yep, it's got a certain ring to it, I might have heard it before somewhere, but hell, there's cliches all over the world and nothing is new. Hope. Hope is all you can have. Just maybe, just statistically something new will be written. Something unique, in which lobotomised TV watchers find their brain is engaged, even taxed. It's too much to ask for?

OK, after wasting 8 minutes of my life and wasting more time writing about the dribble I wish I hadn't watched, what else did I do today? Went to the Fish Factory. Saw no human beings for about 8 hours. Only had one 5 minute phone call to Sparkling, who had been out in the sun and didn't put on her sun screen, naughty girl. I very nearly went mad. I'm going to have to watch myself, even though I detest human company at times when slicing and gutting fish, I need it. I need someone to talk to, even if it is tripe. Back to tripe again. Maybe I am crazy? I better look at myself in the mirror and check the colour of my white's, just in case they gone a yellow shade. What am I saying, it's been several years since I seen my reflection. Better not go into the reasons why, I'd have to kill you. If not, ask you to cross your fingers, turn round 5 times so you are dizzy then vanish in a puff of smoke. It's my party piece. Tat taaaaa.

No comments: