Monday, September 21, 2009

The smell of eggs and bacon or a brain hemorrhage

This morning I woke up, it was early so I decided to just close my eyes and go back to sleep. Even though I hadn't seen my clock I just knew it was early. What woke me up was a strong smell of bacon and eggs. It was pretty odd. Then I have been aware of this problem of smelling things which are not there, or so I think because Sparkles has told me it's a bad sign, a sign of something going wrong in the head. So just to make sure it was not bacon and eggs I took a couple of really good inhalations and doing so I said to myself "there is no bacon and eggs it's all in my mind" because as far as I was concerned this was probably just another clue to the possibility I was having a brain hemorrhage. I hear smelling things which aren't there is a clue. So after a few deep breaths and then being convinced I was just going crazy even in my sleep, I fell back into a nice warm happy slumber.

On the second awakening I knew it was time to get up so had to make a move and drag myself out of a comfortable bed. When I did this I then went downstairs to make breakfast, but before I could even reach the middle stair I was struck by a pretty awful pong. I was absolutely sure this was real and not imagined. It was the cat who had caused it. The curtains were drawn and the morning is slightly darker the days shorten for winter. So with this dimmed light I then wondered about my footing. The thought of treading in a lovely pile of cat poo terrorised me. I turned the light on, with trepidation I stepped carefully and looked but could not see it. The next thing was to open the window and back door. This way there would be some fresh air flowing through the downstairs. Even though the weather was still and not even the lightest breeze existed my logic was sound. With curtains opened I turned off the light. Momentarily wondering if I was going nuts again and had another look. A little more carefully this time. Then I found it, like an unwanted runner's up bingo prize, right there behind the telly a nice big giant pile which I'd of thought was too big for a domestic cat. Lovely, where the hell had he stored it all? I let both cats out and so began my morning awakening.

It's odd but sometimes when you think you are going crazy but find out you are not crazy at all, you just wish you were, because things would be a lot easier. And crazy people just smell bacon and eggs all the time.

No comments: