Tuesday, September 20, 2011

An expensive soft drink

Suffering from the sniffles I decided to hit the pub, but instead of having a Guinness a pint of orange juice was on the cards.  The idea being to boost up my vitamin C and help recover from this dastardly cold.  A cold when it's not even winter.  I was surprised to find the cost of my soft drink was more expensive than an alcoholic drink.  During the "Happy Hour" period as well.  Or rather not so much Happy for those who go non alcoholic.  The most annoying thing of all is the tax paid on alcoholic drinks has got to mean there is a lower profit margin than on soft drinks, but yet the soft drink is more expensive.  Well, I thought to myself, those buggers aren't going to take me for a ride this evening I will purposefully give them a miss.  My 3 quid can be kept in my own pocket rather than given to them.  So I went home instead.

It's a recession, come on publicans even soft drink consumers don't like being taken for a ride.

No comments: