Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An Easter smile but not from a teenager

When I look over my Easter weekend, the most enjoyable moments were those which involved Little Monster Boy. Especially, kicking a football around. He has this propensity to laugh uncontrollably when playing football. Trying to tackle him he would say to me "no tackling" then when I had the ball he'd say "tackling allowed." I would run after him and he enjoyed every second of being the one with the football keeping it away from me. The big smile and happy eyes he had was the highlight of my Easter. Even as I sit and write I have a smile on my face.

Sparkling has sprained a muscle in her back so will not be playing any kind of football at all. I feel sorry for her because Rock Chick has been demanding she have a night with her friends round, which could lead to a sleep over. This is unfair when Sparkling has work to consider or more so with her backache. Even though Rock Chick was told earlier evening parties would have to be restricted it's like the words have not gone into her brain. Personally, I've said to Sparkling all teenagers need to be put onto a desert island, with a tin of baked beans and a can open. Leave them there for ten years and then they can return back to society.

Teenagers don't have any conception of the responsibilities of living, paying bills, putting food on the table, and keeping the cat in biscuits. They can't understand if you have to be up for work in the morning how a bunch loud, happy go lucky, couldn't care less juveniles stop you from sleeping and how this will effect your ability to work. Which in turn could lead to a reprimand at work, or worse still even the sacking. It's the chain of repercussions teenagers can not get. They are lost in their own fantasy lands of what matters. Things which matter being social discourse with other teenagers, how good this blouse, shoes, or mascara looks. Who's hot and who's not. What music is cool, what is retro but cool and what is just rubbish. They focus nearly always on themselves and their conveniences, with little consideration of how their luxuries came about. As another saying goes, youth is wasted on the young. If only we could all be Benjamin Buttons.

No comments: