Thursday, April 30, 2009

Geese and a laughing Monster

Got a bargain at the pound shop today, it was the first four episodes of Ronnie Barker's classic comedy Porridge. I can't wait for a moment to see them. This evening I took Monster Boy out for a good long walk, probably about two to three miles and ended up well knackered. On the way back we saw an odd sight, as four Canadian Geese decided to join the horses in the fenced enclosure. They must see it as a safe haven from people. We watched as they waddled their way towards the fence, jumped over the bottom bar and walked past the horse manure into the field. I even videoed some of it on my camera. Monster boy has taken to running after the geese with his ball but on this occasion we were so tired from the walk we just watched them on their way. I also saw Monster Boy go up to a horse with a hand full of grass and feed him. It made me happy to think only just a week ago he couldn't feed the horses and now he is a old hand at it. In one swoop the horse ate the grass and then Monster patted him on the head.

I have got to realise Monster Boy loves to win at football and he loves to cheat while he is winning. All the cards have to be stacked in his favour, and it's me who has to be in goal. This in part reminds me of Sparkling, because she is quite the same when it comes to her competitive nature. Given any opportunity she will be hiding the aces up her sleeve. I then wonder if Monster has taken lessons from her, because he even picks up the goal posts and runs off with them when it's his turn in goal. I wouldn't mind but he does it when I am a mile away and have to run after him because my coat was one of the posts. But he laughs and laughs this very big smile, and one very large front second tooth shines out as well. His eyes have a glint of mischievousness about them which adds to his rogue winning streak. I get to be so happy I am cheated at football the game doesn't matter at all, just the laughter. It's the same laugher I and Sparkling enjoy in each other's company. In moments like these the wonder's of life and the universe are open and so simple and so easy to appreciate. Everything seems right and in it's right place.

No comments: