Friday, April 03, 2009

Teenagers have it easy

When I was a kid I recall growing up with my parents and adults around me saying how things were tough in their day. And today I know they were tough then. But I can also see myself saying to those teenager's or growing up little ones how easy they have got it and how tough I have had it. And this is of course all true, because every generation will have a better childhood given all other things are equal. Technology improves, life styles improve, food is freely available and music TV is on demand at the touch of a button. Whilst in my years the only music TV available was Top of the Pops and it was only on for half an hour once a week. Otherwise it would be a matter of listening to the radio and trying to tape record off the radio your favourite music, because it was expensive.

Sparkling said to me something which is quite true when talking about teenagers. It was, "you give them the world and they wont even do a dish," and if the future is what it is, they probably will have no need to, because highly sophisticated dishwashers will take the dishes after they have been finished with wash them, dry them and put them away. They exist today as well, but they're called parents.

No comments: