Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Reflections of a belly

It's been a full day, and the odd thing about making days stretch to their full capacity is you want to stretch them some more. It's like the next thought in you're head is "what else can I do today?" For me the next thing on the agenda was to put something on my blog, so here it is. Creepy.

After gym I checked out my physique in the mirror, for some reason it didn't seem to match what I actually see. When I look at myself I see a slightly overweight middle aged bloke, but the mirror said "hey fat boy, you're not the fairest of them all, that's for sure." It seems even inanimate objects have their opinion. Seeing as a lot of body beautiful people are probably checking out their toned Roman like six packs, the mirror saw my rather over the belt blubber and just couldn't help itself. The blubber belly took offence at this and then made me walk away to finish packing up and head out. It's got to be a matter of old age creeping up, and now it is well and truly crept up. Crept up and given my waist line a bag of potatoes to carry about. King Edwards I think. Unfortunately there is not enough middle aged people in the gym, there are some, but not enough. So I'm really in the vanguard of my age group, pushing on forwards and trotting loudly on the machines. Loudly because my footfalls are somewhat heavier than they used to be. But the machines can keep up, of the time being. I'm not so sure about me.

I have had it in my mind to get one of those felt tip pens, which can write on glass. Then I could draw pictures on the mirrors in the gym or write little messages for the beautiful people so they could not appreciate them. Just in order to wind them up a little. However, I'd have to be quick and there would have to be no one about at the time, so it will probably never happen. I don't know what the infatuation is with self beauty but a lot of younger people seem to show it. Mind they are not the only one's. I heard this morning on the radio of a new facial cream which was being sold by Boots and it was proved to actually work in diminishing crows feet etc. Apparently it sold out so fast there is no more in supply to put back on the shelves. Wish I'd of known about it, because if I ever do get to slim the beast of a belly down, I'm sure to need some of it to fade away the stretch marks.

1 comment:

Rohini said...

lmao..this is sick..but funny! good stuff