Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Hairdresser and chocolate

As the weather has taken a change for the better, I decided to hit the hairdressers after doing a hard day's graft. I got there late and as I waited there were 3 customers in front of me. Two were being attended the other awaited his turn. It seemed I was waiting in there at least an hour before I got my locks sheared. One of the barbers was slow. I felt sorry for the other guy who was pretty quick and efficient, he'd cut my hair before and I gave him the usual tip. He was faster as well. And now I look all trim and proper on top, he did such a good job I don't think it looks like I'm going bald at all. But then in the morning in a different light who knows what it will be like.

I got indoors after a pleasant walk and rang up Mrs Talkative, she had left instructions which were relayed to me. The next time she came to visit, give the children their birthday money or presents all at the same time. This annoyed me, I didn't react instantly though I could of, instead I just made tea then returned the phone call. I said birthdays are special days, the day of birth so you don't clump them altogether in one sitting. I kept calm, but had my I-am-not-accepting-this voice on. I also spoke with Princess Talkative and was surprised to actually get a real conversation out of her rather than single words like "alright" or "yes" or "no," she was funny. However, Princess Talkative had a gripe, because her favourite TV program wasn't on the telly all the time. She told me how she flicked through the channels and kept looking for it, but it just wasn't on when she wanted it to be. Awwe I thought. How children love to be instantly gratified by their needs. This proved to be true more so when I was told they had all already eaten their Easter eggs. They liked chocolate and couldn't help themselves, or rather they did help themselves and polished the lot off.

I love chocolate as well, but I'm still thinking about my over due appointment to be fixed with the dentist. Sparkling reminded me of this when she texted me her teeth had been polished up at the dentist. The reminder was like dying of a thousand cuts. I got to give them a ring, before they all drop out. Hopefully not.

No comments: