Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday, carotino, and the sound of silence

Today I was woken up early, the knock was from Silly Sophia dropping off doughnuts. It was good because Little Monster Boy who had been staying over got to see his mum. He was happy to give her a hug and know she'd be coming to collect him later. The waking up was bad because at 7:45 a.m. on a Sunday. I was expecting to sleep in to at least 9:00 a.m. then slowly merge into the day. Big moma had plans so she took the Monster off to Greenwich for a walk and to feed squirrels. It kept them both occupied but left me in to do the chores. They got the best deal.

The rest of my morning and part afternoon was split between bashing the carpets out in the garden and making lunch. Lamb chops, they turned out pretty OK. I been using a different oil to cook them. It's an Australian oil and called Carotino composed of red palm and canola. It's supposed to be vitamin rich and have no cholesterol. It cooked them pretty quickly so I ended up slightly overdooing them. Though I might not use it on the roast potatoes next time. They seemed to soak it all up and I thought afterwards, the calorie intake must of been high. It also has an orange shade to it, the taste is nondescript, but at least it's not lard. So it will not fur up my arteries any more than they already have been.

I rang up Sparkling and Rock Chick answered the phone. She's having a problem with her boyfriend. I can't recall what I last called him, but it was probably something along the lines of curly hair boy, however his hair has since been cut. So lets just call him the boyfriend. Rock is unhappy with him because he seemed to ignore her when he last visited. He is away during the week on a training course and comes back at weekends. Rock Chick's solution to the matter is to let him know he is out of order, she does this by ignoring him. Not replying to text messages and letting him know by thought transference and a previous telling off he is being a moody strop. Sparkling advised me the best cure for men is to have their balls cut off. This would apply to the boyfriend, and I'm sure it would apply to every other man on the planet as well. In response each time she mentioned cutting balls off, I said it was not the solution. But it really didn't matter much about what I said. I could hear the sound of a knife blade being sharpened. I think the boyfriend doesn't know what he's getting into if he is not being as nice as he should be to Rock Chick. I do so hope Rock sticks with the silent treatment first before taking on any of Sparkling's notions of how to deal with men. I wouldn't want Rock Chick getting a reputation. Or the nick name of "ball collector" no, no not this early in life. Later perhaps, after maybe 30 years but not at 16, it's too early. Mind, I've had the silent treatment, I know what it is like. It's quite nice actually, except for the door slamming. No, I shouldn't say such things. Anyway if the boyfriend don't watch it he'll be getting the big E instead. Life goes on Rock, there's always another frog to kiss round the corner.

Hopefully Sparkling sees me as a prince unless the spell has worn off. Must see if I can get another appointment with the Wicked Witch of East, she was useful. Though I did notice she to possessed some sharp utensils, and had five eunuchs waiting on her every desire.

No comments: