Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A vexatious dream and pigeons

I had a vivid dream this morning and woke up a bit moody because of it, but it was just a dream. I had decided to go and visit Sparkling. I turned up at her house and there in her front room were two men, one she said was a cousin. As I looked at the cousin I could see a resemblance around the jaw, I don't know why it just seemed to stand out. The other man was someone I recognise from the Fish Factory, I didn't know why he was there and didn't question it either. which is odd in itself. Sparkling looked at me in surprise and then acted annoyed. Yes, she was annoyed I was there. I couldn't understand her reaction. I thought to myself why is she acting this way towards me. Then considered how I would react if she turned up suddenly at my house, I'd be surprised yes, but pretty happy, ecstatic even. As it was still morning and I was waking up I carried this feeling around with me and in some kind of illogical way though to myself, OK I am going to ring her up and have it out. The realness of the dream had taken over my senses to the point I couldn't tell it was a dream thing. How could my logic react in this way when I was completely awake, well nearly complete but not. Still stumbling about and not having had breakfast or a cup of tea. Taking a moment I consciously said it was just a dream and did my best to shake it off. But shaking off a feeling takes a little effort and maybe twenty to thirty minutes of effort in this case.

The morning continued in light of the stolen hour. I realised going to bed early isn't such a good thing because it makes you get up early. As there were no fish knives available today at the factory very little was going to get done, so it would of paid to get up later. However, I took the waking up process slow, and cursed the boiler which is now taking an hour to produce tepid warm water. I'm going to have to give my plumber a ring, although he's reasonable I sure hope he can fix it and I don't lose an arm or leg to the finance. I'll get round to it in the next day or so, depending how much I can endure the tepid nature of morning ablutions.

Again the roof tiles are cluttering and I know the pigeons or birds under them are getting up just as daylight peaks over the eastern horizon. If only the birds could worry about tepid water, or broken tiles or being given the brush off by Sparkling. The cats got thrown out by big moma before I'd fully emerged which was one good thing, maybe they could return after pigeon pie. Unfortunately they didn't. Nearly forgot, the dentist as sent me a letter, not the type with love and kisses but the type which says open up wide and lets have a look at those molars. Pigeons have beaks, they don't have molars or canines or incisors. Pigeons just peck, and clatter the roof tiles. I wonder if Sparkling has got any ideas? After of course I've had a word abouther turfing me out in my dream and not being happy at seeing me.

Now, why is it I keep hearing the words "everything is connected?" It wouldn't surprise me if Sparkling had trained the pigeons to wake me up. Well at least they haven't pooped on me, not yet anyway. I'll save this thought for another dream.

No comments: