Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Making a phone call is a two way thing

Sometimes I get the feeling Sparkling has got better things to do than talk to me. Especially when I ring up and Rock Chick answers then tells me they are too busy watching Master Chef to chat with me.  I'm thinking to myself they are watching this program for one of two reasons. One because they like to watch food programs and wonderful food.  The other because of the handsome chefs presenting the program.  It only took a fraction of a moment for Rock to confirm it was the second reason, and she was able to tell me the first names of these chefs.  They had become familiar household celebrities.  Great, I thought.  Me versus a TV chef.  So I was then asked to ring in an hour's time, because the program would of finished.

An hour past.  I was feeling tired now and also took into account previous conversations where Sparkling had called me a stalker.  So I replied in text message to Sparkling that I would not be ringing this evening, she had her chance earlier and I'd catch up tomorrow.  Her response was a single word.   WHAT!  I could see Sparkles saying it as though she was right in front of me.  It would be in both disbelief and "how dare you" tone.  I could tell this.  I replied with another text trying to explain my reasons a little more, but I knew Sparkling was beginning to show a STROP.  Perhaps it was on account she had had only this evening completed a marathon cooking session and like any good chef been drinking the odd glass of wine.  Sparkles replied again.  Her strop now fully came through in the text.  At which I had to react, pick up the phone and talk to her.  However, Rock Chick answered and then complained to me Sparkles had refused to get up from the chair and answer the phone because she was in a STROP.  I tried to give Rock Chick my reasons why I wasn't ringing but was ringing now when Sparkles must of taken the phone off Rock Chick and eventually let me talk to her.  Awwwe.  Lovely. 

I think this proves beyond all doubt, understanding a woman's mind is a very difficult thing.  Enough to make me want to get a recipe out and do a little cooking.  I better start losing a little weight though then I can give the TV chefs a run for their money.

No comments: