Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wrinkles and food Mr Barry Manilow

An advert come on the box.  It's Barry Manilow doing a concert and their selling tickets.  So there I am thinking the old codger must be getting on a bit.  I can remember his songs coming out what must of been at least 30 years ago.  But as I watched the short clips of him singing I could see a sheen on his skin.  It was smooth, very smooth.  I commented to Big Momma, saying "blimey, I got more wrinkles on my arse than he has on his face, look at  him."  She walks past and replies "no, you got more wrinkles on your face, have you had a look at it recently?"  Then she goes on to say, "I think they've migrated from your arse to your face."  Wonderful.  It's good to know I'm loved.

Mind my belly has been playing me up the last few days.  It could be a bout of IBS, whatever it has it's helped me keep an eye on my food intake.  Well, I can't help it actually.  Ten minutes after eating I'm running off to the loo.  At this rate I'll be losing some weight as well.  I noticed how my belt had to be pulled a bit tighter today.  I got a book from Amazon yesterday it's called Food Rules by Michael Pollan.  It basically gives common sense rules on how to eat and what to eat with the reasons why.  Like for instance, don't eat a breakfast cereal which changes the colour of the milk and never eat food which is labelled healthy food.  For healthy food doesn't actually come with a label.  It's true, I've never seen a carrot with it's own label attached to it.  Were I to start taking notice of this book I'd have to actually cook and make all my own food because none of it would be processed.  It also advises never to eat to you are full, only eat to you are 70 percent full, or even 80 percent, depending from what culture you're from.  This is tough news when my sentiment has been to eat till you're full and feeling bloated and then a half hour later the inevitable words have got to be said "oh my belly!"  Sparkling knows this very well.  She's the one who can see and read it before it happens, and takes the mickey out of me, having to put on her version of a London accent.   Come to think of it I feel bloated now.  I shouldn't of had those two hot cross buns earlier.  The problem is it's always difficult knowing when to stop.  Personally I'm not sure I know where the 70 percent mark is.  It's not like there's some kind of gauge which tells me.  I just get bloated, it's all there is to it.

Yep Manilow is looking good.  He's probably doing the extra concerts because he needs some additional retirement money or it makes him feel more valued in his old age.  And yes, he really is old, at least 70 I'd say.  Going by his figure he probably sticks to the 70 percent rule as well.  But what I ask, is this: is Barry Manilow happy?  Hell yes.  I got more wrinkles on my arse than he's got on his face and I'm 30 years younger.  I wonder if his milk changes colour when its added to cereal? 

No comments: