Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happiness is giving way to temptation

As each day passes and Sunday comes closer, I find myself becoming more and more excited about seeing Sparkling and Rock Chick. Spontaneously I smile. I sit wondering what feat of DIY will be in store when L & B man sees me. Then I consider whether Rock Chick will be in one of her moods and if I by some unknown magic of foot in mouth disease am going to get my just deserts. Which is so easy to do with a teenager, their hormones are so crazy there should be some kind of pill you could give them. Then I consider Sparkling's wonderful smile and so happy sparkly eyes and how much she is the best thing since sliced bread. I'll be on call for constant foot massages, back rubs and any thing Sparkling thinks I should be doing. After all this is my duty and should I forget it I am reminded. Finally, lets not forget the cat, putting him out and feeding him on demand in the morning, because he says it's time. While Sparkling gets some extra shut eye.

One way to meet the demands put upon me is to keep up with going to the gym. Running on the treadmill this evening I noticed how it was easier to recover my breathing when finished. Even though I am still chunky, and my belly is six inches in front of me, which means it would pass a finishing tape before I do, things are improving breathing wise. Having a touch of asthma can make life difficult at times, so exercising is very important. Even going for a long walk, in fact the reality is I should be doing some cardio exercise every day just for this reason. But it's always a bit harder when you get older. Decisions made years ago take their effect now. I should of never given up exercise in the first place, because within a few months I had began to gain weight. It don't take long and every single calories is counted. I try and get a few walks in when I see Sparkling. They help burn off the bacon and egg sandwiches, or lorn sausage. Then I wonder if I should become vegetarian. Mostly because vegetarians appear slimmer and healthier than the rest of us. Must be on account of all the vegetables the eat. I wonder if they fart a lot as well, because cows do and they eat nothing but grass, well most of the time.

Sparkling knows I have an addiction to food. Which she plays on. She leaves traps around the house for me. This is so unfair. She says all she has to do is sit and wait. Unfortunately it doesn't take long. I think it was Oscar Wilde who said "I can resist anything, except temptation," I wonder if he liked chocolate by chance because it's a biggy for me. In fact most food items are a biggy to tell the truth. Maybe it's all in Sparkling's big plan. To exercise off the extra food consumption she probably has it in mind I should be paying more attention to her feet. Or hoovering up, or doing something in the garden, but hopefully not killing or chopping things down which are real plants. As I found out last time I used the lawn mower. Well sometimes even plants look like weeds. Yes, maybe gardening isn't quite my area of specialty. Oh well better get back to the drawing board, an idea is bound to pop up. Chef perhaps. Hmmm. Chocolate chef I could be good at it to, providing I didn't eat the ingredients before cooking them.

No comments: