Saturday, June 20, 2009

Preparing for a trek

Tomorrow I travel to Scotland. The trip from London will take about 8 hours; going into London, tube and then train will take just over an hour. When my train comes up on the display board I'll embark and settle down. I been making a list of things to take, unlike my normal just pack and go and hope everything is in the bag. A list is useful because it is so easy to forget and the little things are easily overlooked. For a few days life will be in Sparkling's land. I better get a good night's sleep. Make sure the list is complete and check the tickets. Always a good thing to do.

I chuckle over the memory of Sparkling attending a Star Trek movie the last time I saw her. Particularly because it was a tortuous event in her eyes. However, she did keep to her word, except for the fidgeting, yawning and snack food eating during the playing. Unfortunately these actions had no effect because I was too engrossed in the film and I was enjoying it fully. It's amazing how things can be shut out when your attention is drawn away to something else. The film was good, but Sparkling's reactions were the topping to a cake. I'll just make sure I do some extra foot rubbing, with care. As recently she just sprained her ankle and it's gone black and blue. Well at least it will mean she can't kick me up the backside. For the first few days anyway.

No comments: