Monday, June 15, 2009

Ode to the bathroom window

Yesterday I got married to the bathroom window. We were on pretty close terms, from 2 p.m. to about 10:30 p.m. Then I had to stop. I just couldn't go on, I was knackered (extremely fatigued) it had just about got the best of me and the fact the light had gone. Yes, we had seen the sun go down together. Me and the bathroom window.

I began earlier than 2 p.m. if truth be known. It's all to do in the preparation one might say. The borrowing of a ladder was key to this. Several years had passed and all I could do was gaze up at the window and do nothing, but now it had all become true. So up the ladder I went to have a quick butchers (butcher's hook = look) and then took note. I needed some putty in my hand to line the bottom edge. There was already a heat gun, however I further had to buy a detail sander. For all those fine little details a window has. The poor thing was in a bit of a two and eight (state) being all on it's Jack Jones (alone) it wanted the attention. So I did it. I stripped it down to the bare wood. It was slow going. Which was why it took so long. Inch by inch, the gloss came off. Afterwards I couldn't leave it bare for all the world to see. On account of the weather forecast being torrential thundercloud rain. Even though yesterday was magnificently sunny, I just couldn't leave it. So, I put on an undercoat, but I can't say for sure what it looks like because by this time it was dark, I just hope I covered it all, as best I could anyway.

The next day I woke up with aches all over my body. Especially on the right hand side. Being right handed this side had more of a work out than the left. I can see if I carry on like this I'd be the lopsided muscle man who spent his sunny days on a bathroom window.

I told Sparkling but she was fine. No need to worry. Until I next see her, which is not so far away now. Then no doubt she'll give me a brush and a tin of paint and say "make yourself useful fat boy." Oh life is tough. I wonder if I can buy onesided extra large shirts?

No comments: