Saturday, June 13, 2009

An interrupted, otherwise boring day

The day has been relatively quiet, to the extent of boring as I was doing overtime at the Fish Factory. Sparkling as usual likes to ask how my day has been, and the conversation then lasts all of 30 seconds if I am lucky while she then goes on to tell me about her's. However, boring is actually a nice thing, I like boring, at times. To break this tepid relativity of nothingness Sparkling comes along and starts to throw news in my direction.

Such as how she had just heard about someone with prostate problems. She then goes on to tell me they are the same age as me and although I counter with the argument about prostate issues seldom hit men of my age she then counters with recently learnt knowledge it does. And discusses how an ex nurse who used to work in the urology department had said this fact and the other fact. The result can be predictable if I let it, which is the beginning of a worrisome night's sleep. The kind where my fears have been played on. Fears which may have no foundation at all, whilst for Sparkling they provide humour. One moment I am tired and feeling I will get a good night's sleep, then after a conversation with Sparkling and her analysis of whether I am urinating OK I then start to have doubts. A moment or so later my eyes are wider, I'm sitting up and my head is buzzing when I should be considering sleep a deluge of thoughts spatters me and no umbrella is there to divert them away. Thanks Sparkling.

My next duty is to take on any worries Sparkling has, she tells me what they are and I put them on my back to make things better for her. The odd thing is when she does this I actually feel myself sink down into the chair. As though I really am getting heavier. In the meantime Sparkling tells me she is feeling lighter, so it must be working. Even if it is psychological, it works. For instance Sparkling told me about this drug she was taking and how she had just found out the effects of it were weight gain. So she will see her GP to try and change to a different one. Whilst my own weight gain is not down to any drugs at all which means I can't go to the quack. So am a fat man with nothing to blame it on except my own appetite. This Sparkling found quite amusing. I was then advised how eating a bean salad was likely to make me fart. Yes she was right, so now I'm burdened with worry, unable to sleep, fat and farting. No wonder I got no friends. Thank the world for cats, even flea bitten ones.

No comments: