Monday, January 31, 2011

Don't let the tooth get cold and watch out for the extra set

On Saturday one of my gold inlays fell out.  Thanks to Layabout Lad offering me a chewing gum, so once where there was a nicely fitted filling there is bare tooth.  I should of rang up the dentist, however the notion of being set an appointment with Miss Ph.D-dentist-but-inexperienced has held me back.  If I don't hurry up the tooth could get chipped or cracked.  Which means the pressure is on.  The good thing about having a dodgy tooth is it forces you to eat carefully and slowly.  So now I only eat on the left hand side.  Sounds a bit like an old song called Pass the Dutchy to the Left Hand Side, by Musical Youth, which will give you an indication of how old I am.  Feck.  The restricted eating means I have a chance to look at my food intake.  So I can maybe eat less than I used to eat.  It might be the idea but it's not working.  It really must be something to do with the weather, because it's still bloody freezing.  This evening coming back from the train station I could really feel the chill, I'm sure it is at least minus four if not more.  Which is another point, if the chill gets in my tooth I'll know it then.  Why on earth couldn't human beings be given several sets of teeth rather than the two.  Mark my words, one day in the future we will  be genetically modified so we could grow more than two sets.  As long as they are oral teeth, because if they grew out of another orifice we'd whistle when we fart.  Can't be having that now.

My mobile phone company, who shall remain nameless because I don't want to give them any more publicity than they already get.  Have been a problem.  I've not been able to send text messages.  I thought it was me, or rather my phone.  It's a couple of years old now so my thought was there must be something wrong with it.  However, even after switching on the off a number of times, standing on the top floor of the Fish Factory and deleting messages it still didn't work.  At lunch I went to the phone company shop.  They confirmed it wasn't me but one of the company's technical things had gone wrong in my area.  Their advise was to switch on then off again and it should work.  I didn't tell them I had already done this.  So went to lunch and tried it again.  The third time of pressing the on/off button it actually worked.  Yep, I feel like Alexander the Great in modern day somehow thinking it would of probably been easier taking an elephant over mountains. 

When I was up in Scotland on the party weekend the batteries for my camera ran out.  I recall now I borrowed Sparkling and Rock's camera's and took some pictures with them as well.  Note to self, think about buying a third back up battery.  Anyway.  When I now check out my pictures I realised some of them were missing.  Of course they were, because they are on either Sparkling's or Rock's.  They were good pictures as well.  Cos of all things I know how to do it's take a decent picture and whistle when I fart.

No comments: