Thursday, January 06, 2011

Getting others to use their head's

I've now worked out a routine to stop the little fishes from asking me questions.  It seems whenever I say "I don't know" it has little effect.  When I ruminate over a problem given to me, which  is called 'passing the monkey,' yes it's an Americanism; I usually end up realising the fish who spoke to me could of worked it out for their selves had they wanted.  My solution is to penalise anyone who asks me a question in these circumstances.  The penalty is if it is if the answer was too obvious then they are not allowed to ask me a question the next day or afternoon or morning.  I will ponder on anything kind of question, go through the process sometimes aloud and then will try and steer them towards an answer.  Ultimately I really don't want to make any decisions at all.  This isn't laziness, no its not.  I've worked out as most of these fishes have been swimming about in this pond for years, their knowledge in some cases be beyond my own.  So it only makes sense they use their own brains rather than tax mine.  I can't do everything and it don't seem to matter to some people I have my own fish to fry, if I am on hand they will use me like a child in a just decorated room who has a crayon in it's hand.  It's an irresistible allure.  So I'm going to try and ween them off it by removing the crayon.

For some reason today I have been reminded about how fat I am.  One person said to me they had noticed I had been putting on weight lately.  They were trying to say I looked good with this weight.  But I know in between the lines they are saying "Oi Crazyfirdayman, you sure are looking fat."  Another person asked me what I had for lunch.  I told them it was a pizza from the eat-as-much-as-you-like buffet.  Actually it was a good move going to the pizza shop as I had a sealed leaflet thing they gave me last time I was there.  I was advised in December to give it to the shop manager in January 2011.   So I gave it to an assistant.  They in turn rang the manager to ask if they could open it.  Like a little present it was opened in front of me.  And I'd like to say a flock of black birds came flying out but they didn't.  No, it was a note which said I would get 40% off my bill.  Bloody marvelous.  This partly made up for the fact I had broken a bottle of rum yesterday.  I also thought had the thing not been sealed I would of invited more people along and we could of had our a bigger meal and a bigger discount.  Perhaps there is good reason why I have had at least three different conversations today about my weight with three different people.  I am paranoid.  And just when I thought I was able to tighten my belt another hole as well.

Sparkling has still got a croaky voice.  Now it has got deep and she still is careful about using it.  I try to see if she is ever online but she never is.  Unless she is now avoiding me.  Unless she has decided not to talk to me because I talk too much and demand too much of her when I am in her company.  Which sounds very much like what I do with the little fishes.  Sparkles text me to say the old Fishes in her Fish factory are getting frisky when they hear her talk.  She enjoys their company and their cheeky banter.  I also saw Monster Boy today and gave him his usual pocket money.  I tried him out with a memory technique on reciting the EEA (European Economic Area) countries in order.  Making it fun as I went along.  He enjoyed it and I hope to do it again with him on something else perhaps he finds interesting.  If he can learn to use his memory he could go far, but it's his decision.  After all it's taken me quite a few years just to remember my own phone number.  Finding my way home is easy, it's tattooed on the back of my hand.

No comments: