Sunday, January 02, 2011

The second day of 2011

It's been one of those nothing days'.  I fell asleep watching TV, I wouldn't mind it was 'House' at the time and it's a good programme to watch.  No text to Sparkles, no text from Sparkles.  I been stuck inside.  Except for a short stint when I went out into the garden to do some bad DIY on a gutter down pipe.  It meant pulling out a drill I got a few months ago.  What a hash I made of it.  Thing is, when you look at stuff you either know it's right or its wrong.  Especially when you see Cowboy work.  I think Cowboy builders of every kind should be put up against a wall and shot.  I mean for real.  Not just had the book thrown at them, but really put away for good so they never ever get to do any more Cowboy work again.  It makes me mad.  It even drives me to the point of spending hours checking out DIY books, learning more and realising there is so much stuff that goes on in the trade of house craft.  If I was a builder, plumber, carpenter person, I would be the best at it I could and not a Cowboy.  In my own Fish Factory I enjoy my work and enjoy gutting fishes and learning all about it and I been doing the job for ten years now.  It never stands still, it's a challenge to say the least.  No, it's about knowing what is not right.  What doesn't feel right.  Sometimes just sitting and looking at the way something has been done will either give me an appreciation because I know it's good work or it will leave me vexed because I know something isn't right.  It makes me ask the question if we can all be critics or whether I'm just being too analytical and I'm the pessimist, critic galore.  I can see a whole load of people nodding their head in agreement.  Things done well are marked by a quality, a fit.  A zen.  As in great design and great functionality.  Which has got to be the height of life, be it from laying a brick to designing clothes.  Hell what is going on in my head?  I been sat indoors too long.  Before I know it I'll be eating off my own arm off, talking to house spiders and chasing the cat round the house.

It's the second day of 2011, "something happen!!!!!"  Nope, still all quite in the captive room with a dodgy rain pipe at the side of the house.

Hey what's the light at the window, wow, it's bright.  I'll have a look.  Blimey little green men coming my way.  At last something to do.  I wonder if they know about guttering and plumbing?

No comments: