Monday, January 17, 2011

Sparkles Birthday

Tomorrow is Sparkling's birthday.  It's important to be here so I can wish her a very happy birthday in person.  Reminder to self.  If Sparkles asks me to peel potatoes just do it, tomorrow. 

The trip from London was uneventful.  Except for the fact there was a bloke who sat next to me at Kings Cross, his seat was reserved to Edinburgh, I thought at some point it would be good to have a chat.  On account of six hours without talking to anyone can have a detrimental effect and make me a bit mental.  However, he seemed to have a different idea.  I console myself it was probably because we were travelling backwards, that is facing backwards to the direction of travel.  I got up and went to the buffet bar, came back and saw this fella had gone.  His seat was empty, then I knew he had got up and found another seat. Hell, I'd even put on deodorant and I know I wasn't farting particularly bad either.  So what.  It didn't matter. The trip went fast and I made up for it by talking non stop to Sparkles, who put up with me so well.

Sparkling has been telling me every day.  At least three times how ill she had been over the last two weeks.  She is slapping on the guilt like a thick layer of battered toast.  "I was so ill" she will say looking for sympathy.  Then she'll turn to Rock Chick and say "how ill was I?" to which Rock will answer, "she was very ill."  I will then look at her sympathetically and say "awwwe darling" very gently.  I think I'm going to be reminded every day.  Sparkling's voice is still horse but not so bad she can no longer talk. It is good to hear what she has to say.  When Sparkles is happy I am happy, and when I say this I mean it.  It's the same for Rock.  She is so happy with her man Dangerous it is like she has a glowing aura around her.  Rock is perfectly well, and I can tell because through her happiness there is a sharp and humorous personality.  She's had me flabbergasted a couple of times because I don't know how to respond to her.  Today she was at Uni and told me she had a chemistry lesson and hadn't studied chemistry since she was 13.  She admitted it went over her head.  It was all electrons and protons.  Funny I thought those things were related to physics.

I have been trying to impress Sparkles with a memory trick, unfortunately it didn't work.  I forgot what I was supposed to do.  When it works I can tell you anything about the days of the year for 2010, like what was the second Thursday of May?  Or what day was the 20th December?  Anyway, Sparkles threw me at least five questions and I got them wrong.  Which was to Sparkles amusement, because she could imitate me while I was pretending to do my intellectual feat.  It turned out to be more of a stinky feet rather than an intellectual one. 

Anyway, It's Sparkles birthday tomorrow.  Happy birthday Sparkles and lets not eat potatoes today.

No comments: