Monday, January 03, 2011

An urge for Won Ton

At some time last night, I was overcome by an urge.  Not the one  you're thinking about.  No another urge.  It was very strong and very powerful.  No it wasn't a fart.  To get back on track.  It was the urge to eat a Won Ton Noodle.  I could taste the soup in my mouth, the texture of freshly made noodles and the delicious taste of pork and prawn Won Ton.  They haunted me.  I even considered catching a train and heading into London, but it was so cold I didn't move from my chair.  Rather I did a google search for the best Won Ton in London and thought I will either do one of two things.  Go to this place or make my own.  Today I got half way there.  Halfway being the decision to go out and buy the ingredients because I thought catching a train into London eating then returning was a luxury I could not afford.  It seemed a waste of time.  But then it might not of been had I bothered to have gotten up early enough.  Further, it's not so much fun having such an adventure on your own.  So I attempted to ring up Layabout Lad but he wasn't answering his phone.  It comes to something when even your laziest member of the family is unavailable.  What on earth could he of been doing, besides laying in bed and nothing much?

What now is on my  mind is how I am going to either purchase or make the Won Ton wrappers, and whether they will taste as good if I make them myself.  Which again after another google search seemed to indicate there's not much at all to making them.  The page is now kept and waiting for me to review it again before I get stuck in and start doing the biz.  Eventually I ended up at a local cheap Chinese and eating a Char Sui noodle soup instead.  I picked this because I know their Won Ton is way off track and I would not feed it to the cat, dog, or any other pet you favour.  Already made Char Sui though, well, there's not much which can go wrong with it.  Mind, I'd also like to have a go at making Char Sui pork as well.  I'm sure it has honey and five spices on it.  I'm going to obviously use a couple of cheats when I do get around to my version of the Won Ton.  I got these quick and easy make chicken soup bases for a start and the other is the instant dried noodle packets.  I'm not entirely happy with them because the taste of fresh noodle just can not be beaten.  It all depends very much on how motivated I am at the time and how much time I want to put into it.  Just getting the materials is often a big part of the the process.

I hear Sparkling is still having problems with her voice.  I received a text today, after sending her two text messages.  She is now laying back taking it easy catching up with the last season of Dexter.  Which I finished last week.  I'll not go into it but I don't think it is one of the best seasons, the one where he takes on his own brother is probably the best aired.  I like a little more of the comedy element when it is added.  It will be interesting to see whether Show Time will stretch it to a sixth season.  There is something we don't see Dexter doing now I come to think of it, because every time I use a sharp knife I always do this just before and just after to keep it sharp.  Use a sharpener.  With all the butchery he does  I would of thought it a very necessary piece of housework to do.  He sure has got his hands full now as a single parent.  I like him.  If he were ever free for lunch I'd love to invite him out for a Won Ton soup and a chit chat.  Then try and find out what motivates him to carry on what he does.  All the clearing up he has to do, it must take hours.  Yep there's another demotivator in my making home made Won Ton.  It's about time a cleaning up robot was made take take such hassle out of kitchen duties.  I know.  I take on this very role when I head north.  Well at least I am good for something.

Won Ton, Won Ton, wherefore art thou Won Ton.

No comments: