Sunday, January 09, 2011

Exercise at the gym without turds and a some bargains

I got to the gym this morning, although quite a bit later than I thought. I Can't help it, as the bed had magnetised my body to the mattress.   The sun was out and as it streamed in through the windows of the house warming it up.  Once at the sweat shop an easy work out was on the cards, nothing to exhausting.  I find this is always the best way to get back into a routine.  Unfortunately I must of pushed it too hard as by the end of the session my puff had completely gone.  This is twice now I've been in 2011.  Apparently you are supposed to exercise for at least 30 minutes five times a week.  Which could include a good brisk walk.  It's not easy.  The exercise not the walking that is.  From looking at the people at the gym there seemed to  be a few with the same intentions.  I could tell because they were not members of the young-beautiful-Narcissus-mirror-lookers.  We all know beauty is wasted on the young and intelligence isn't because quite often it's no more than a dirty word.  Personally I've never been one to hog the mirror to see how beautiful I look, I have this innate notion mirror watching is in the realm of the vain who need only fall over and smack their faces in some dog turd to be bought back down to earth.  Which reminds me, going to the gym has got the advantage of not treading in dog turds which quite often happens when out running in the park.  I never seen any turds in there.  Ironically though with so many people about I'm sure it could be a breading ground for germs.  I mean, all it takes is one person who has the flu bug and doesn't quite know it to turn up and breath hard all over the place then for their germs to be circulated via the air conditioning and we've all got it.  Memo to self, this would be a good excuse not to go.

After gym I managed to hit the shops and got a reasonable bargain on a fashionable cardigan.  It's in the Large size.  At first I wasn't sure it would fit because it seemed big, so I put it on in the shop.  Funny I thought this feels tight.  I'm not even going to entertain the idea I could be extra large.  Bugger.  More reason to hit the gym.  There was a third off the price so I think I did OK, and Sparkling won't have so much reason to moan at me wearing an old jumper she doesn't like.  She's bound to like this one.  I also bought some shopping from the supermarket.  I've got a substitute for Won Ton wrappers and hope it will suffice.  It's fresh lasagna pasta.  All I will have to do is cut it to size.  Am now missing noodles, fresh ones are always best.  Memo to self check on my ingredients and see if there's anything else.  In the supermarket I found a great deal on their own brand shower gel, just 58 pence.  Weird.  I was checking out other gel quite dearer, but after having a sniff of this cheaper stuff I felt pretty happy with myself.  Maybe I am now a concerned shopper.  Not necessarily accepting what is put in my face.  There are always alternatives.  I wonder what nettle tea tastes like?  It would cost nothing and save on tea bags.  It would be natural and I could start a new fad.  Second day without a shave, damn, there are some things you just can't omit. 

No comments: