Monday, January 24, 2011

Three days in a lodge

Well we're back from three days of alcohol, food and fun, and it was bloody marvelous.  Except for the electric deciding to trip out.  Which was down to over enthusiastic energy from all hot tub participants, or was it the three bottles of shower gel and mixed shampoo.  I mean who puts shower gel in the hot tub?  I thank the stars the electric decided to kill itself.  For a while the jacuzzi had become a horizontal washing machine, with people rather than clothes.  White foam was everywhere

A few days before the weekend began L & B man made a comment.  He intended to stay awake the full three days and nights.  Coming up with another motto "you sleep when you die" great I thought.  Friday night after an evening of merriment, L & B was still being merry after everyone else had already hit the hay.  Friday had since disappeared.  He was listening to music from an MP3 play and still managing to keep his eyes open.  Alright they may have been half closed, but they were also half open, which was all what mattered.  I ventured out of the room to see what was happening.  Sat beside L & B and together we listened to 80s music sometimes singing along.  A little more Guinness and L & B told me how much he loved me.  Bloody tart.  He'd been keeping his eye on me a long time.   We sang along each calling the other gay, a body moved up the stairs and entered the room.  Advising we'd be shit the next day.  It had just passed five a.m. I had to hit they hay.  Sparkles was somewhere semi comatose, a murmur rose up from her, I collapsed somewhere on the bed.

The log cabin has one failing.  Noise echo's, it conducts through the whole building, especially footsteps on the boards.  It must be something to do with the wood.  Blame it on the Norwegians they came up with the idea.  The should of used cotton wool, but then I spose it would never of been called a log cabin.

The second day was greeted early, with HMRC woman getting up to clean and tidy.  I must admit the place probably looked like a bomb had hit it.  There were close on to 50 people meeting up and partying.  Her feet tramped back and forth my eyes had barely had a chance to see the back of their lids.  Cups clattered, glasses chinked, cutlery tingled, voices echoed and chatted of the evening before.  I may of had only about three  hours sleep but flatly refused to get out of bed.  This was the way it would be every morning.  If someone else insisted on getting up early then I insisted on staying in bed regardless of whether I was going to get further sleep or not.  Generally not, on the weekend I'm sure there is a rule which states thou shalt never raise up to early to clean.  I must of seen it on the pack of coco pops.

The evening was fun.  All wore costumes.  I was Robin Hood, Sparkles was Maid Marrion and Rock Chick decided to be one of two Bunny girls.  The evening flew by, I wish I had taken notes, or videoed it for at least four hours.  There in attendance was Batman, Robin, a Banana, a police woman, the rag doll from Toy Story, beetleguesse, Ironman, a caveman, a character from Thunderbirds, a clown, Hugh Heffner, Freddie Mercury and many others. I just know it was great.  Except for maybe the first hour where I was stuck up at the cabin trying to lock the door while everyone else had already headed down to the pub.  Fortunately a convict came back and helped me with the key.  He was from Glasgow and it seemed to be people from Glasgow are good at locks.  I also remember at some point Rock Chick bought me a drink.  A shot it's called.  Made with the sweetest cherry.  I knocked it back in one.  Rock knocked her's back in one.  I gagged.  Rock didn't.  My tongue stuck out as I hoped the air would drag the sickly cherry tang away from my taste buds.  It didn't.  Rock grabbed my camera and shamelessly took photo's.  Beaware of the cherry shots, be very aware.

Don't ask me what happened to day three, it evaporated.  But somewhere during the event I had managed to hit some balls on the range.  Sleep, well when you have to it is possible to go without much.  Just the odd hour here and there.  Sparkling is now wilting right next to me.  Awwwe.  She can hardly keep her eyes open and has announced she will put her head down for five minutes.  Awwwe.  I been told I have been irritating.  I can't help it, some of the sleep I got must of worked and energized me back to life.  I can do that now, just put my head back while sat in a chair and descend into deep relaxed half coma state. 

I can't think of a better way to start the new year, than a few days away with a great bunch of people.  Next  week I begin my diet.  OK weight watchers look out fat boy's going to be taking you on.  All of you.

No comments: