Monday, January 26, 2009

Gym and Bourbons

I actually went to the gym this evening, after about 8 or 9 weeks of abstinence. It was amazing to see how many fat people were there all doing their best to start a new year with a new resolution and try to keep to it. The usual beautiful people were also about, but I got the impression many of them had either come in some time earlier or had gone somewhere else, while the fatties took over. I was not up to any hard work myself. Preferring to do a little cycling while watching the Simpsons on TV, a little rowing and not much else, only just breaking a sweat. But at least I went. My recovery involved a packet of Bourbon biscuits, a Danish pastry and about three cups of tea. The thing with exercise is it don't arf make you hungry. I may have piled on more calories than I burnt up on this occasion, but at least it is a start. The next time I go it will be a little later, and when I get home there will be no more biscuits left, because I've nearly eaten them up.

No comments: