Tuesday, January 06, 2009

How to annoy a Cretin

The thing with wearing a Ushanka is it makes you noticeable. Because being a leader of fashion rather than a follower, I have to get out and about and other people have to see how good the hat looks before they buy one. If they can get their hands one one. I checked out a Canadian web site with the notion of getting a rabbit skin one and found they were inundated with orders so there would be too long a delay before it reached the UK. Yes the think with wearing a distinguishing and swarve head apparel is you become noticeable, which may not be a good thing, even if it does keep my head warm, and if I drop the ear flaps my ears as well. I mention the noticeable bit for a reason. I was able to make someone pretty annoyed today, in fact very annoyed. Partly because of my own stubbornness and partly because of their cretin like tendencies.

I was walking down the pedestrian precinct early in the morning, at a time when cars were allowed to use it. I walked in the middle of the precinct, and was making my way over to one side when I noticed a man had stopped his bicycle so it intruded partly where cars can go. So decided to walk further in the middle of the road in order to get around the bicycle. However, I could see a man in a red Fiesta accelerating towards me. Well I know there is a speed limit and I am walking in a pedestrian area. Just at the point where the man with the bicycle was I walked round the car driver had to stop. I'd got there first. I cursed under my breath. But carried on walking. As I did so I could hear the Cretin in the car screaming his fat head off. It was at this point i realised wearing my quite noticeable hat, I would be easily recognised again. Even though I was in the right and he was in the wrong. So it looks like at some future point in time I might have to face the wrath of some unpleasant, overweight Cretin because he thought he had the right of way in a pedestrian area. Perhaps I should of walked round the car tapped on the window and said "come on then fatboy, wanna piece of me!"

It's been cold in London, I noticed in today's paper in some areas of England it had reached minus ten degrees celcius. The small puddles left from our last snow have all iced up. The sky is very clear and reminds me of a film where a clear sky was followed by super fast freezing. The hat is great. It keeps my head warm. I am on the look out for every fur like hat I see. I think tomorrow I'll form a new group of people, we'll meet up in the pub drink vodka and talk in Russian accents. Or attempt to while trying not to get overly drunk. Maybe this way we can form a coalition against Cretins driving red Fiesta's.

No comments: