Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Slum dog ate my Ben and Gerrys

I needed an airing today. After spending most of yesterday laying on top of bed with a head drilled by two Black and Decker's. One in each temple. So I went to the local Tesco, which is actually not a little shop. It's big, very big, so big they call it an Extra. I wondered round like a cloud. Flitting from electrical goods to cream cakes and somewhere in there was stationary. I got a thing for stationary, I don't know what it is I just like stationary. Post-its in particular, especially if they are on offer. But they weren't so I walked past them. What however was on offer were small tubs of ice cream. Let me say no ordinary ice cream, none other than Ben and Gerry's, hmmmmmmmmm. I love it, particularly the chocolate. They had cookie dough and chocolate fudge. So I bought one of each, in the back of my mind I considered, if Rock Chick found them at least I'd have one for myself. It was good thinking. Intelligent thinking some might say. As the weather had taken a cold snap and frost lay on the grass I knew the ice cream was not going to melt. Hmmmm. The thought of eating this lovely treat later on was on my mind. Rather than ring Sparkling Eyes on my phone and ask for a lift back in the car I had to deserve Ben and Gerry's, I had to walk back. Which is uphill. I did it in twenty five minutes at a fast ish pace.

Back at the house: I put the bag of goods on a kitchen top, opened them up, and in front of Sparkling Eyes began to put them away. I told her how I'd got a deal on the Ben and Gerry's ice cream and picked up a packet of vegetarian sausages for only a pound. What a bargain! The ice cream was nicely tucked away in the freezer. I even bought a more expensive bottle of rose wine because I thought Sparkling deserved it. We had decided to go to the cinema and watch a movie, Slum dog millionaire by the way, which was absolutely brilliant and I'd recommend it to anyone at all. Sparkling was amazed at the deals I'd picked up. Rock Chick distracted me and asked me to help her with an essay. I read the essay introduction and did minor alterations. It was good, very good, Rock Chick will go far if she can persevere against the odds of bad tuition from washed up teachers. rock Chick was entertaining her boyfriend, Dangerous Sports Boy. He's a nice fella, I find myself liking him even though I've had limited contact. After reading the introduction of Rock Chick's essay I came downstairs. Shortly afterwards I and Sparkling hit the cinema.

We returned after the film. Sparkling almost ran out of cinema with me trying to catch up. She seemed to think I was tearful. This is not the case, there were no tears in these eyes, but the film is good. With child actors who really do act like children not the mass produced American child actors who over act and have already developed egos like an elephant. No, it was good, go see it, and it's British. Which makes it even better.

I opened up a bottle of wine and pored a glass for Sparkling. Then like a slave I waited on Rock Chick making an instant microwave spaghetti. Although not as good as Sparkling's I'm told. I sat down enjoyed a cold Guinness and a packet of crisps. Rock chick made a comment about ice cream. It seemed Rock Chick had inside information, she was making waves about my Ben and Gerrys, never mind I thought there was two tubs. Rock Chick taunted me, she mentioned cookie dough being Dangerous Sports Boy's favourite ice cream. I thought nothing of this comment. After a period of my denial of there actually being any ice cream I gave in and then went to the freezer. I looked. I lifted out of my sight various frozen items. Hmmm. Where was the ice cream? I shouted out "Sparkling Eyes, where's the ice cream?" At this point a semi hysterical laugh came from my mouth. I began to realise Ben and Gerrys was not there. It dawned on me with horror, my Ben and Gerrys had been stolen, eaten, by of all people Rock Chick and Dangerous Sports Boy, but the brains, the conniving despicable brains behind the whole thing was Sparkling! I was flabbergasted. The brunt of my own silly desire for ice cream, I had been beaten by both Sparkling and Rock Chick. As is always the case.

It is wonderful to be both annoyed and happy at the same time, I had repeated a number of times the phrase "I can not believe it" Sparkling had truly got one over me. Now to think of how to get even, but of course in a nice way. Any ideas?

No comments: