Friday, January 09, 2009

I got cut off by my computer

It's lasted a good few years my computer, and it's on it's last legs. I can tell especially when it takes an hour to start up and has given me a thousand reasons, all in technical language why it doesn't want to come out to play. I can't pull my hair out because it's on the decline anyway so have to try and talk nicely to my computer. Nice computer I say, the please work. Still the cogs and wheels spin round and monitor blacks out and re boots again. It's more temperamental than a woman. For so many years it's done so well. I can't afford a new one, please don't crash on me now. Regardless of my pleading, getting on knees and begging it does it's own thing. I just have to wonder what my next move is going to be.

There was no choice in the matter, I had to re format the hard disk. It took forever. I then lost the key, I then re found the key, and then Microsoft decided not to verify it. This has given me now 30 days to make a decision, it will work and then it will disappear. No matter. All good things come to an end. It's done me well. A friend of mine will get me another copy of windows with a key, it will be full OK for Microsoft's purposes. The problem is it still isn't 100%, I still have problems booting up even after a full format and re install. Oh poor thing what is the problem, you know you can tell me all about it, I'm here for you. I even decided to give it an airing, I picked it up, took off the shackles of wires and invited the poor thing in the garden. Then with a brush I gave it a good dusting. You see there's no case and the insides are exposed. Which is what happens when a friend puts things together, not completely, you end up with something not fully dressed. A naked computer. But I been careful, it's been kept warm and I've never ever put my cup of tea on top or near it. Still when it's time to go, there's little to be done.

Off to see Sparkling in a few days time, for an amazing time. I can't wait to see her. I now found it's possible to get a flight direct to her city. The only issue is getting the right price. Then again with the ever increasing cost of train travel I can see flying becoming a feasible option. As for my computer, I'm afraid darling you will have to stay here. But I'll think of you.

No comments: