Saturday, January 10, 2009

This aroma is in front of me

Did the extra shift of labour, and then headed out for as much as I could eat at the eat-all-you-can Chinese. It was OK though I do think I'm getting used to it now and it don't impress me as much as it used to a year or so ago. As I'm about to spend a few hours travelling on the train I had to do a little shopping afterwards. As usual I can't wait to see Sparkling. There's always a little intrepidation and excitement, although I haven't yet organized a fancy dress thing for the big get together. I'll just have to sort it out tomorrow or when I'm in Scotland. I had to ring Sparkling just before I began lunch to make sure she was OK, and she was pretty OK. I think she thought I might of done the demonstration thing again, but I really wasn't up to it, the demo was earlier than last week and I'd got up too late. I read a paper while at lunch and thought I will demonstrate against Israel's military action some other time. Perhaps while in Scotland. I'll not give the details, but one picture in my paper made me angry, and wonder if the Israeli's themselves would condone this violence were they to see the effects. It sounds like a govenment too far to the right has the political reigns. Enough of politics.

After lunch I happened to check out a shop which had a display of men's perfumes. Checking out several tester sprays I nearly keeled over but each time managed to revive myself to consciousness with aid of an oxygen mask on tap just for such a situation. I then smelled one I liked and thought I'd give it a go, picked it up and sprayed it under my chin. More than I expected seemed to come out. In quite a spatter. For some reason I then half panicked and walked quickly out of the shop. Well I wanted to smell good and not have to buy the stuff. The thing with the one I chose was it's pungency. Lets say it was a little bit stronger than the normal wiff you get just by holding the squirty thing under your nose. As I walked down the busy high street I wondered if anyone else could smell it. I thought normally with perfume or EDT or man smell or whatever you want to call it, it would waft behind. Then visions of a screaming horde of females as they inhaled the unbearably wonderful aroma would go crazy for my body. (You have to allow small fantasies when my age). Well they didn't. Anyway. This aroma was now a pong, it didn't just waft behind me, I swear it was infront of me as well. Maybe a foot and half, because no matter where I went it was there, I turned round the corner and pong was there, did a quick side step and it was still there. I had inflicted it on myself not knowing the real actual spray would be more potent. I'd be lucky if I finished my shopping and didn't have a horde of elephants running after me, or even more unlucky suddenly found it was a dog attractant every stray from all around wanted to hump my let. But it was cold out today in London, with few elephants and most strays had been rounded up. It was maybe minus 2 or 3 so there was no gauntlet and a relief. As a precaution I kept to the shadows and with my back to the wall.

It was a warning. I'll never let my nose get carried away like it again.

No comments: