Saturday, January 31, 2009

Snow or not to snow

I have been arguing with people who say there will be snow and blizzards tomorrow, I said there will not. I don't know why it is but sometimes I just get fed up with the same old story being repeated. By different people time and time again. Surely there has to be more to life than the next weather forecast. Not for some. But because it is supposed to be very cold and even possibly snowy tomorrow, there is delight in giving this bad news. I am fed up with it. My response is to remind everyone of when Michale Fish said there would not be hurricane winds, and there was in October 1987, winds which knocked trees down and made it nearly impossible for traveling. Although the weather predictions have got better with time they really are something we shouldn't have faith in. Humans make mistakes. They are predictions, not certainties. However, I'll not be putting on a Hawaiian shirt or going out in shorts tomorrow. It might be cold but I do not believe it will snow. Or believe I'll try my luck, just in case I get pneumonia.

Now what is the argument for beliefs being wrong? Especially when they have no factual evidence to back them up? The meteorologist makes a prediction from scientific readings, whilst I Crazyfirdayman make a prediction with no evidence. No numbers, statistics, no data, no help from any outside source. This will now either make me an idiot for going against the general consensus or it will make me a contrarian. If I am right then I doubt it would stop the spirits of gloom and doom from continuing their narrative sagas. Oh well, we'll see in the morning or maybe a little later. Fingers crossed, in gloves, wrapped up with a scarf, hat and a good heavy jumper. We'll see.

1 comment:

Annisa NF said...

thanks for your comment on my blog ;-)
well, i love snow. but unfortunately Indonesia doesn't have winter ):
feel free to come to my blog :D