Sunday, January 25, 2009

I got ignored while Sparkling took on a party

I went over to East London today checking out a computer fair. Where you'd expect the price of such things to be a little cheaper than the shops, but nope. It seems to me Amazon does the best deals around. I went with the Little Oriental fella, who is into computer stuff being as he builds and repairs them for a living. While waiting for various trains to get there we'd chat, or rather I did my best to try and get him engaged in a conversation, which is difficult. Unfortunately at times when I was trying to chat I just couldn't help but feel he was not listening. He'd be easily distracted by other things, it was almost like having a four year old child who was in a world of their own. While chatting on one platform a man who just arrived at the platform began to swear as he looked up at the indicator board and saw the next train was delayed. Personally I think people likes this are members of the moron group so I ignored him and tried to continue my conversation with the Oriental. But, the Oriental was distracted and then no longer listened to a word I said. I walked 50 yards up the platform and just left him there. Oriental man then had a short conversation with moron man about the delayed train. I wandering why I bothered and really did feel if I had just walked away and got on another train he would not of noticed at all. Why on earth have enemies when you got friends I ask. Perhaps if I had jumped up and down like a moron swearing for no reason at all I'd of got a chat.

Sparkling just gave me news of her having to watch over a childrens party. In which there were 75 kids present. And a handful of adults. She had a great time, except for the broken window and druggies suddenly being attracted to the open community building. It sounds like the druggies were fine being stoned out of their heads whilst the kids were manic. One of the expected helpers had to leave early because she was suffering from the day before, a little too much of a drink. Hopefully, next time there will be more helpers. I can't imagine how much energy so many kids would have, now if only there was a energy device which could capture all of their running and jumping and dancing and screaming, I'm sure such a thing could probably light up an entire city. Sounds a bit like the film Monsters Inc.

No comments: