Monday, July 20, 2009

Book, chinese and boring food

I got a book sent of to Sparkling and she received it today. It's Richard Bolles latest edition of What Color is your parachute. Sparkling said she was going to kill me if it gave advice on how to complete a CV. After an Internet spat we had in which I was the bad guy and really wasn't putting myself out, not to mention a couple of days of the quiet treatment to show me I was the bad man who didn't help. Anyway, with a little bit of luck the book has gone down OK. It is one of those essential books which help people to find new carriers or jobs in the right way. By getting them to look at their skills, their abilities and their aspirations and to make the reader think in a different way. Bolles says people who had read his book just appear to fall into the right job. Although I suppose in today's recession it may not be as instant as you'd like it to be. If only people could get jobs just on CVs, which Bolles says is the worse way to get a job and has calculated the odds of a job from a CV at about 14,000 to 1. It's a shocking fact.

Gym was hard work today. So much again I nearly walked out but managed to keep on running, then stopping, then running. It has to be made a habit, good habits are better than bad habits and after yesterday's lazy PJ day I need more good habits. One person at the fish factory who has gone on a diet goes to the gym 7 days a week, and eats very little in the way of food. I must eat food, it's just the quantities I have to reduce, and the poor diet. Maybe I shouldn't of done the Chinese at lunch. My intention was just to get a sandwich, but somehow I ended up ordering a chicken in black bean sauce on crispy noodles. It was very nice. I'm sure it had a lot more calories than the sandwich would of possessed. Then sandwiches are never really as exciting. It's a matter of getting used to boring food. Blimey, some things in life are very difficult.

No comments: