Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Earphones

I've got an MP3 player but share it between music and listening to the FM radio it has, it's only 2 Gigabyte but does me well and is about 2 or 3 years old now. However, although the button to switch it on is starting to stick there's not been much go wrong with it. Except for earphones. I don't know what it is but earphones just don't last that long. It must be something to do with the wires and they being under strain when pulled on. So my earphones have decided not to work properly, I can only hear in one ear and replacing them is a nightmare. It's not a matter of being tight but I don't think a replacement pair should cost more than ten quid at most. So checking out various shops, the ones on sale are either too expensive, or too cheap or too flimsy looking and probably wouldn't survive an hour with running about on various machines at the gym. I even looked on Amazon and am disappointed at their offering either. So having left work a half hour early I ran round the shops in search of earphones just before going to gym. Getting nowhere I was at my wits end, when I thought what about the pound shop? Just to tide me over for a few weeks till I an make a decision on which proper earphones to get, I bought them for a single pound. What a blooming bargain. OK they are flimsy and probably will not last long at all, however if these very stupid electronic shops want to keep over priced goods, they are going to lose custom. We are in a recession after all.

No comments: