Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dirty rotten swines

I been listening to the freephone telephone lines about Swine Flu. They seemed to repeat the scary word Pandemic, and of course the information I wanted to get I couldn't. Just a recording which went round and round. Although in quite a clear English voice and not the usual alternate country third part switchboard. Where the person who answers the phone calls themselves a typical British name but has an accent no typical British person can understand. So there's very little info out there, except it's milder than was first expected. Which is good especially as it seems the Parliament have made a Sours ear out of the entire pandemic process. Getting flu jabs, giving out information and telling us what's going on, are all just a little bit on the late side. So the short of it is I still don't know what is going on or where I stand, or will probably fall down later on the whole scenario. But I can't help being somewhat concerned.

There reason for this concern is yet another person at the Fish Factory has reported their child has the Swine Flu. But as if this was not bad enough they are in the factory (not the child, the parent) doing their usual work as if nothing has changed. OK they may look like they are not ill, but they could be carrying the virus and it has not yet blown up to full blown Swine Flu. Which means any unlucky person who happens to sit in their vicinity while chopping up fish could also end up with Porky Flu. The reality is workplaces do not know what to do, and as all the Children in England are now on their Summer holidays, it's as good a time as any for the whole country to go down snorting. I'll do my best not to gorge myself on the experience, but it's contagious and the clock is now ticking faster than it was a few days ago. Like some phantom trotter has over wound the coil. Some people are just right pigs over these things. Personally I do my best not to stick my snout in other peoples businesses, but it's not appropriate for them to stick theirs in my trough.

As I am constantly being told by L & B man, "get over it" so I will, but I'll do my best not to let anyone eat my eggs and bacon, if I can help it.

No comments: