Friday, July 03, 2009

I spy a spider

As I sit here writing I spy a spider on the ceiling, by the light. I wonder if he needs glasses? I'd say he looked as big as a tarantula but then I'd be exaggerating. He's just a house spider, but a meaty one. Which reminds me of having to retrieve a spider from Rock Chick's room. She had put a cup over it, but wouldn't slip a piece of paper underneath and then carry it out. I was asked to do this horror. Bloody thing refused to go on the paper as if it knew it was about to be forcibly evicted. Personally if the spider doesn't bother me I wont bother it. Hey I think he's waving.

It's been difficult getting to sleep lately, do you think spiders have had this problem as well? It's because of the heat, but today there has been a nice breeze and the sun didn't really come out and bare his glory until later this afternoon. The house is hot again this even at 27 degrees Celsius, a little cooler than the last few days. I hit the gym and was amazed at how few people there were present. Must be the good weather, where the pretty people prefer to go out and show their bodies. Alternatively they have more of a life on a Friday night than I do, which is probably true. It was hot there as well and I couldn't do a full work out. I watched some of the telly and caught the ending of Murry's match, he was so close and yet so far from winning a second set. I think his right arm isn't strong enough, he's got stamina but he just seemed to be losing his edge and couldn't figure out how to really beat his opponent. He needed to use his head or even meditate and see what happened. Mind he has done incredibly well and his Wimbledon was a hard slog he can be proud of; in fact there may be not other games as close or exciting as the one's he's had this time round.

Rock Chick has been preparing the house for her party tomorrow night. Sparkling has told me how Rock has been baking all day long and is now so tired she had to hit the hay early. I think she's getting some shut eye in so she can stay up as late as possible Saturday and into Sunday morning. She's been baking cakes, quite a lot by the sounds of it and getting her boyfriend Dangerous Sports lad to blow them up. I bet he was all puffed out from the exertion as well. However, most of the party goers are pretty good kids and have behaved themselves pretty well. Though I doubt if the party will end at midnight and expect it will go on to pretty late. I can't see otherwise. It will all depend on the flow of alcohol and how tipsy they all get. Puking is OK as long as they don't hog the pan all night long. But it's bound to be loud, as parties usually are, and the girls will have great fun doing a sing-along game thingy. They will probably wake up any spiders hiding in the closets because of the noise as well, I wonder if Rock has considered this?

Tomorrow I have to hit the Fish Factory early for overtime, considering I been getting up late every single morning this will be some feat if I can pull it off. At least it will be quite there without disruptive colleagues and if I concentrate I'll get a lot done. An 8 a.m. start on a Saturday, I must be mad. I must remember to make sandwiches and get myself well prepared early. For some reason I've found pineapple irresistible at lunch time. Especially the small tubs of mixed chopped fruit M&S sell. Sweet and delicious hmmm. Maybe it''s in line with the hot weather as well just ripening it off lovely. Seems like tomorrow is going to be a busy day for everyone. Hey the spider just waved again, I think he's trying to say something. Yes, looks like he's telling me he'll wake me up if I need some assistance. I just shook my head. Sandwiches, sandwiches, better get to work.

No comments: