Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Odd things happen closer to home

I missed my train this morning by a few seconds. I ran into the station, requested my ticket from the office and waited what seemed minutes for the operator to print it out for me. I saw the train waiting there. As I got to the ticket barrier the doors closed. There was no way of getting on it now. I went through the barrier and saw it very slowly begin to trundle out of the station. Part of me wondered about running and jumping onto the back of it like James Bond. However, this idea was quickly abandoned I knew I would not be able to hang on and could be committing suicide by such a stupid act. The platform and seats were all empty so I had a choice of any chair I wanted. The next train was due in 15 minutes. Unfortunately it was then delayed by another 20 minutes. So began my day.

The other thing which happened to me was on the edge of bizarre, or maybe not. On the way over to see my little friend Monster boy and take him for a walk I was approached by a skinny short woman. She wanted me to help her. She said she had to pay her electric and was looking for business. This was in the middle of a road. I had just crossed half of the road and was now in the central reservation. She said she was looking for a fiver, and then pleaded even a tenner. So her price had actually gone up. The odd thing was I thought to myself. Business? Then for a moment "what business?" In the middle of a road and for a fiver, followed by a tenner, this was worse than missing my train. Doubly worse. She kept asking so I fished out a pound coin and gave it to her, not saying a word. Again the thought hit me, in the middle of the road? What? As soon as I have her the pound coin she said nothing else and just walked off, turning away to approach someone else if she could find anyone no doubt. I relayed the event to Sparkling. Her reply was along the lines of if she looked like Kylie then she would of been well set up on the street corner. Sparkling then asked if I got anything for the pound. I said I hadn't, and Sparkling asked "not even a willie feel?" my response was no of course. Also with the reply if she looked like Kylie I certainly wouldn't off, because Sparkling was all I needed in my life. Even though I did acknowledge Kylie is a good artist.

I walked with Monster Boy around the local park, and found there was a camera crew on location doing some filming, except there was no actors about. They had taken over a pub, the car park was full up and they had even screened off the car park with some quite large road vehicles. I saw flowers on the pavement around a fake shrine of RIP, and some wording on a wall denoting the pub being changed into a fictional community centre. All I could think was they were doing a TV play about a kid being killed in a community centre in London. I was a bit annoyed about this, partly because this is a possibility in this area, but hadn't happened. It was like they were tempting fate. Mind I suppose when you are approached by a prossy who doesn't look like Kylie and wants business in the middle of the road, there are quite a few possibilities to the area.

Hell, I could go on the game myself. Wonder if I really look like Hugh Jackman in these jeans or not. Maybe he doesn't have quite the same belly as me, then I don't really have the same hair as him, not forgetting muscles, height, etc. Otherwise I'm sure to be the spitting image.

No comments: