Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sleep to escape

While tucking into a piece of chewing gum it pulled an inlay out of a tooth. Which makes sense, it could hardly pull a reinforced pin from a broken leg. Unfortunately this happened while I was visiting Sparkling. Having been advised the local dentists were butchers who had past a first aid test in dentistry, I had no choice but to put up with it and ring my own dentist. Even though it was a kind of emergency, seeing as the dental material was gradually coming out of the tooth each time I brush my teeth, I still was unable to get an appointment until tomorrow. Although not ideal it will have to do. To remind myself I had to find my inlay and put it in a a pocket for tomorrow I wrote on the back of my hand the word "inlay" in biro. This has haunted me all afternoon and evening until I was prompted by a very sharp memory it was now time to get it ready. Horror of horrors, I could not find it in the place I put it. But I thought to myself, stay calm and you'll find it. So I looked where I had put it and used deduction, taking items out of the draw until it appeared. Miracle of miracles it did appear. With relief I have now put it in an envelope and will get it fixed tomorrow. All I hope is I am not stung an arm and a leg by my dentist, who is generally quite good. Sparkling of course advised me after my inlay had come out, the piece of chewy I had found had been laying about for a while, before I stuck my inlay into it. I don't know if the age of the gum made it tough but next time I'll think twice because I'm quite happy with the teeth I have, and if they have to come out then I'd rather it was in another twenty or thirty years time. The latter preferably.

So this evening I watch the biro'd word on the back of my hand get smudged by sweat as I tried out the treadmill. The first time in a couple of weeks. I cursed myself and even sent a text message to Sparkling asking why it is I didn't exercise when I last saw her, not forgetting why it is I eat so much. Maybe it's love? Being happy and contented makes you eat, lose your inlays and then despair every meal afterwards can only be eaten on one side of your mouth. Needless to say the gym was murder this evening I just hope my heart calms down enough so I can actually get some sleep tonight. I wouldn't mind but the temperature of the house hit 30 degrees Celsius. I opened all the upstairs windows and now it's cooled to 27 degrees Celsius. Hooray. There I was worried about an inlay, heart palpitations and facing a large dental bill when the heat came along and added another straw to this fat man's back.

Sleep comes quickly to the peaceful mind, the pure at heart and the worn out fat ones. All I need now is to be woken up by the cat snoring.

No comments: